Chapitre 20: You Give Me Fever Pt. 2

As Tsukishima offered y/n a bouquet of her favorite flowers, y/n was getting more and more nervous. Is this it? Is he finally going to say it?

"Y/n...I'm- I'm so stupid! I don't like seeing you cry especially when I'm the reason why. So I know this is inappropriate of me, but I cannot hold it in anymore... I'm in love with you  y/n. I have been since high school. The moment I met you. When you left after that accident. When I finally saw you again after all those years. You're stunningly beautiful, and smart, and kind, and you're- you're the only person that makes me feel all these butterflies in my stomach. I tried to give up but I was never able to get you off my mind. And when I finally saw you again, you were just as lovely as I remembered."

He paused to catch his breath and stood up then crouched down beside y/n's seat. This was definitely not how he wanted things to go. He had so many words to say to her but he also felt like passing out in her arms.

"I love you y/n. There's so many things I want to say but with you I can never find the right words to use. I'm sorry I've been so immature and let myself lash out at you. And it's not the first time I've done it which makes it even worse. But if you'll let me, I want to make it up to you. And last night, I didn't know what you were going to say but it felt like it was going to be important. I didn't want you to say it under such horrible circumstances. In reality, I want to give you the best but when I remembered that you'd be leaving again and Rosemary said Kenma was out chasing you too. I thought this might be the last chance to tell you properly that I'm so in love with you it's driving me insane. I can't sleep knowing I hurt the person I cherish the most. You make me feel at home, y/n. No matter how many times I messed up, you forgave me over and over again."

Tsukishima's eyes were still locking onto y/n's. He stared at her, longing for her touch.

"Heh, you're sick too right so it doesn't matter...? And no one will recognize you right?...I'm crazy for you y/n, and I'm sorry but this time I'm not letting you go."

His heart was beating loudly and increasing with every second that passed.

Y/n was starting to get anxious and as her heartbeat grew to match her soulmate's, Tsukishima slid his slender fingers through y/n's neck and pulled her closer to him.

Then just centimeters away from her face, he studied her features for a few seconds until finally, he clashed his lips with her soft ones. The shock lasted for a second in y/n's mind but was soon replaced with complete joy. She kissed him back and grabbed his hair tightly.

Fortunately for them, the seat they had taken was quite secluded so they had quite a bit of privacy