Chapitre 2: I'm Here To Stay

Your POV:

Today is Monday, the day I start school. I get up from bed and get dressed in my brand new uniform, I walk downstairs and see Tsukishima is already putting on his shoes, getting ready to leave.

"Oh good morning!! You're heading out already? It's so early, aren't you hungry?"

"No, I'm not." That's a lie, because right after he said that his stomach growled...almost as if it was planned.

"Hmm well your tummy says something else~", I said in a sing-song tone. "Come on, school doesn't start for another hour, I'll make you a quick breakfast if you're so eager to go."

I'm not a morning person, usually I don't even talk to anyone when I get up but I'm actually looking forward to today so I feel a bit livelier than usual. I head for the kitchen and turn on the stove. I plan on making a simple egg breakfast so it won't take too long.

I hear him sigh, he takes off his shoes, and heads for the kitchen.

I get the feeling he doesn't like me, he has a calm aura, although he makes some sassy remarks every now and then, he's actually not disrespectful. Pretty well-mannered boy. But then again, he doesn't really talk to me.

After breakfast, he gets up and immediately puts on his shoes and heads for the door. Trying to catch up with him, I put all of the dishes in the washer, and prepare a separate container for Akiteru when he wakes up.

I grab my school shoes and put on my roller skates. I head for the door, trying to catch up with him but he walks so fast.

I frown as I skate faster to catch up. Once I do, I try to start small talk with him but he gives me short answers like yes and no.

"Soo did you sleep well ?"

"What's it to you?" Maybe it's not that he's salty but it's just some of the things he says sound a little blunt. And his monotone voice doesn't really make it better.

"Wow, I may be a year younger than you but it's still disrespectful to not answer a question someone asks you." I say sarcastically.

"Well did you know it's also disrespectful for someone to pry into the personal life of another person ?"

"I- hmph you're so salty even the ocean thinks you taste bad!"

"And you're so short even a chipmunk needs a magnifying glass to look at you." Nope he's definitely just salty.

I laughed a bit before covering my mouth. "Ahem, whatever."

"I win." Tsukishima said with a smug look in his face that made me want to punch him.

[i wanna point out real quick that tsukki isn't like a salty person to the general public (i think) just to the people he's like friends with. So since he's gonna be living with you he's already getting sassy cause he knows he's gonna have to put up with you for a long time so there's no point in hiding it :)]

We walked without saying a word for a bit, then he spoke up.

"Hey short stuff, do you mind walking like a normal person ? I'm wearing headphones and I can still hear the rock scraping your skates."

I looked down at my roller skates, then back up at him. I tilted my head and looked at his headphones. I smirked as I thought of a good response.

"Maybe. Get. New. Headphones." With every word I made sure to push harder and scrape the gravel road to make a louder noise.