Chapitre 28: Saw You In A Dream

⚠️⚠️This chapter contains mentions of illness, death, depressing thoughts, etc. If these topics can trigger you please refrain from reading this chapter, as always read at your own risk⚠️⚠️

•••

Tsukishima's POV:

"Akiteru? What's going on why is everyone gathered here?"

"Didn't you hear? Tsukishima passed away this morning." -Akiteru

"Huh? But wasn't he going to be released soon?"

"He was. In past tense." -Akiteru

Where am I? Why can't I move? Why is everyone saying these things? I haven't passed, I'm alive.

I turn to my side and see my mother sobbing hysterically, she grieves and yells and along with everyone else in the room, they mourned.

Suddenly, as if I watching myself from a third perspective, I see my lifeless body in a morgue covered in a long white sheet. The only other person there is y/n, she's staring down at my dead body.

There's a soft beeping sound.

Am I dead? Did I die? Did the treatments fail? Did I go through all of that pain- did I endure all of those gruesome and unpleasant procedures for nothing?

If I'm really dead...how come y/n isn't crying?

"Hey honey. Why aren't you crying for me?" I speak up trying to talk to her, but it just sounds like my dead body is the one speaking and not this astral projection of myself.

The body speaks underneath the large white cloth covering his body.

"What?"

"I'm dead and you won't shed a single tear for your boyfriend?"

No, I don't think like that. Why am I saying that?

"People die every day. Whether it's from an accident or a murder...or diseases. It's nature. We die to live."

"How can you be so cold to me? Didn't you love me? Didn't you see me struggle everyday? Do you not care that I'm dead?"

Stop. What? It's not me talking anymore, my body was controlling itself.

"Care? If you're dead then I'm just talking to dead meat in the shape of a tall middle blocker."

"Why? Y/n..."

The body sits up, it's face still covered with the white sheet.

"I really love you. If I die, then you'll be all alone. You'll have to find someone else. Fall in love all over again. Live your happy ever after. Without me. And at night when you remember me, will you cry for me?"

"Why would I cry for you. I'm strong. I can make it on my own without a man. Specially one as pathetic as you."

"P-Pathetic? But...I'm in love with you..."

The body that was sitting up was now attempting to stand up, my eyes widen at the sight as the cloth falls from my face.

Revealing my almost-completely-sickly pale body. All the color was drained from my expression. The iris of my eyes were fading, my lips were very chapped, my skin was leathery and starting to peel.

"Well I don't love you anymore. You're dead anyways. I can live my life now without being held back. I'll just marry someone else."

"You don't love me? B-But y/n, all those moments we spent together. All of our memories. You're throwing those away? Why won't you love m-me?"