Chapitre 26: Cancer

[THAT SONG makes me cry so much 🥲]

⚠️⚠️This chapter contains mentions of illness, death, and other mature topics. If these topics can trigger you please turn back, or read at your own risk!⚠️⚠️

‼️DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, obviously. So the diseases, treatments, and medical terms/talk might be inaccurate. I did some research on the topic but I'm not an expert so please don't believe everything I say‼️

•••

Your POV:

"Is the mother of Tsukishima Kei here?" -Dr. Maeda

"Yes that's me Doctor." -Mrs. Tsukishima raises her hand.

Mrs. Tsukishima, Akiteru, Rosemary, and I are in the waiting room. Tsukishima is currently having imaging scans done to confirm the horrible news.

"I regret to inform you that we found a tumor located in Mr. Tsukishima's pancreas. Specifically in the head of the pancreas. We've performed multiple blood tests that confirm...he has pancreatic cancer. An imaging scan called the PET scan is currently being run through to determine if the cancer cells have spread outside the pancreas or not, what stage he is in, and if there is anything to be done..." -Dr. Maeda states firmly but sympathetically.

Mrs. Tsukishima immediately breaks into tears meanwhile Akiteru is doing his best to stay strong and comfort his mother.

I hug Rosemary as I'm trying my best to hold back my tears. Tsukishima is my strength pillar, and if he's gone... Can I really picture myself loving someone else?

I can't stop the tears from flowing out. I start sobbing uncontrollably, Rosemary rubs my back. I'm soaking her shirt but I could honestly care less right now.

'Kei...'

At that moment, another person dressed in medical scrubs walks to Dr. Maeda and hands him a file. He studies it and the nurse is explaining something in secret.

After their discussion, Dr. Maeda turns to face us and the nurse walks away. Mrs. Tsukishima holds my hand tightly and we wait in anticipation for the news the doctor has received.

The doctor sighs then suggests, "I think it's better for me to tell you along with the patient...I will only allow three people in the room."

Rosemary looks at me and whispers to me, "Go, he needs you more than me."

The doctor then guides Mrs. Tsukishima, Akiteru, and I to Tsukki's room.

I feel a sharp figurative pain in my heart at the sight before my eyes. In a hospital bed lays Tsukishima Kei, 22 years old,  archeology student, volleyball player, museum administrator...my loving, sweet boyfriend.

He's become more pale than when I last saw him. He is hooked to a few machines and vitals. The place is clean and he is dressed in white, silence drowns the room, all you can hear is the electronic vital sign beeping his steady heart rate.