Chapitre 17: The Invitation

Almost one month has passed.

Y/n's "evaluation" of whether she would join the "big leagues" with Lev and Alisa Haiba would be decided in a week.

Tsukishima had obviously nailed his interview and was now working in a museum part time.

But they still hadn't spoken to each other properly. Every now and then they would text each other to see if they were fine but it was small talk. It was starting to become excruciatingly painful how incredibly dense (if not stupid) they both were.

Too busy being blinded by their own feelings to notice the subtle hints they had been throwing around.

If this were a manga, this would be the part where the viewer lets out a frustrated sigh at how dumb the two main characters are.

On Friday, y/n was going to attend a modeling exposition with many big name brands, where she would be representing Aphrodite Co. alongside Lev and Alisa, kind of like a trial run.

Y/n felt that if she didn't get the job that she would have to part ways with Tsukishima again. So she swallowed her pride and called him.

•••

Tsukishima's POV:

{Incoming Call from Y/N L/N...}

Hello, this is Tsukishima Kei-

TSUKKI! *panting*

Uh y/n? Hey, what's wrong why are you out of breath?

I'm- haa sorry sorry my manager is chasing me for spilling juice on her dress. Ahem sorry anyways, can I see you today?

See me?

A-Ah I mean if you're free! It won't take a lot of time, maybe like half an hour at least! I have something I want to tell you!

Uhm well yeah I have a little bit of time right now, I'm at work but I just got on my break.

Great! I'll head over there right now! See ya!

Wait what-

{Y/N L/N Ended The Call...}

What was that? And what does she mean she's coming over right now?! I'm at work is this even allowed?!

I catch myself immediately tidying up my desk and my clothes.

'Damn why am I so nervous? Because last time I saw her I yelled at her, stupid!'

Gosh this is a little out of the blue. Is she coming to yell back at me? What if I lash out and get fired? I'll be jobless forever! My life will end before it even starts!

My office phone rings and I put it on speaker.

"Mr. Tsukishima Kei you're needed at the front." -the secretary announces over the phone.