Chapitre 23: Meet The Parents

"I'LL BEAT YOUR ASS ALPHABET BOY!!" -Male Voice

"BRING IT ON OLD MAN!"

"TSUKISHIMA KEI!"

"Y/N!?"

"ELIAS!" -Female Voice

"MARINA?" -Male Voice

"Y/N!" -Female Voice

┍━━━━━━━☟━━━━━━━┑3 Hours Earlier

┍━━━━━━━☟━━━━━━━┑
3 Hours Earlier... Your POV
┕━━━━━━━☝︎━━━━━━━

"Thank you again for doing this KenKen, you've already done so so much for me."

"No worries y/n, I'm happy to help you." -Kenma smiles sweetly at me.

"Haha thank you, really. I'm a little nervous."

My parents are arriving here in Japan and Kenma is helping me pick them up at the airport.

"To be honest, me too. Your mom is very nice but you remember it took me at least a year to finally get your dad to acknowledge me and then another year to get him to actually like me." -Kenma

We both sigh and let out a nervous chuckle.

My dad can be quite a handful...that's probably the best word to describe him. You see, my mother and father have been married for a long time but I remember when I was little there were quite a lot of fights.

And not one was a serious thing. It was basically my father overreacting about something and my mother trying to explain it to him and him going, 'You think I'm an idiot?' When absolutely no one mentioned or even thought of so.

But despite his obvious anger issues (which he denies), he's a good family man. It's just he's quite protective of us too since he had a rough childhood. This also pushed him to be a better father for me and my sibling.

Kenma is right though, it did take a lot of time for my dad to finally like him. He's never met Tsukishima and all he knows about him is the situation that happened around 4 years ago when I was hypnotized and all that. So his first impression is basically ruined.

I sigh once more and Kenma rubs my shoulder in hopes of comforting me.

Soon we arrive at the airport and begin to look for my parents.

"Mom, dad! Over here! How was your flight? Gosh I missed you guys!" I wave over to my parents and greet them both with a hug. "Huh? Where's Juni?"

"Oh did you not receive my text? Maybe it didn't go through, oh well, Juni will be arriving tomorrow morning because of work." -Mom replied as she hugged me tightly.

We continued talking and trying to catch up on everything that was going on in our lives. Kenma and I helped them place their suitcases on the trunk of his car and then drove away to have lunch at a restaurant.