Chapitre 19: You Give Me Fever Pt.1

Tsukishima's POV:

It's this same feeling all over again. It's crazy how after all these years it feels the exact same way it did before. Exactly how I remember it.

Like if I was sinking, the water pressure pushing me lower and lower.

As if my heart was made of patches, it feels like one is missing, like it's incomplete. Like a missing puzzle piece. Like a cliffhanger.

Once again she's gone and I'm just- here. In my room. Crying. All by myself. Again.

Worst part about crying all night is that the following morning, you can't even cry anymore. It's like you run out of tears so all you can do is stare at the ceiling. Letting that feeling sink in. Letting my thoughts flood in.

I remember what she said and all of the words I didn't mean. I'd been bottling up everything from years ago and I ended up lashing out on her. Every time I remember I called her a burden just makes me want to spill my guts out.

But more than anything else I just want to hold her. One more time. Like we did when we were younger. When we pretended no one else existed and it was just us two. Under the stars and the moon.

There is a light knock on my door that brings me out of my endless thoughts.

"I'm coming in. Hey Tsukishima, it's time to check your temperature again." -Rosemary says as she walks in my room and raises the thermometer to my forehead. "Hmm it's 101.2 degrees Fahrenheit. It's still pretty high. Are you sure you don't want to go see a doctor?"

I nod my head no and she sighs. "I knew it, I'm sure y/n must have a cold too. Both of you standing out in the rain like that for a while. Sigh. Fine, I'll run to the convenience store real quick to buy you more medicine and some other things." -Rosemary

She grabs the wet towel from my forehead and places a new one. "I'll be back. Just stay lying down and if you need anything call me okay? Thank goodness it's the weekend." -Rosemary

With that she exists my room and a few moments later I hear the front door open & close. The house is quiet. I like the quiet.

I feel a wave of drowsiness and drift off into sleep.

.
.
.

"Cakes."

"Mon cheri."

"Heh, why do you call me that ?"

"Let's see mmm do you prefer sweetheart? Darling?"

"What about what you called me back at the club?"

"...babe?"

"Yes?"

"I thought you were too drunk to remember."

"I'll remember what's convenient to me haha."

"Is that so? Well you are a babe so I guess it fits you."

"Awe that's so cheesy!...You didn't answer my question though."

"..."

"Tsukki?"

"Yes mon cheri?"

"Please?"

"...I can't tell you."

"Awe but why?"

"...because you're not real. You're not really here. Laying down next to me. Even though your arms are around me, it's not you...because I'm dreaming aren't I?"