Chapter 66

Those three little words rang in Bonnie's head as she gaped at George. She had never thought in a million years he would say it back, she didn't even think he would have remembered the conversation they had that day after class.
They were only kids, they weren't in a relationship, they had been on and off for months even before this whole Love Potion mess. Did this even make sense? To love each other like this?

George was looking at her expectantly, as she sat up to stand by his bed again, but Bonnie's words were stuck in her throat. She was taken aback, she was not expecting to hear that he loved her.
Her eyes were wide as she looked down at the ginger boy in the hospital bed from where she stood and her mind raced, every time she though she had the words, they would whizz away from her tongue and leave her speechless.

George frowned.
"Are you going to say anything?"

Bonnie opened her mouth again, about to speak when Madam Pomfrey made her jump by appearing suddenly behind her.
"Right, time for you to clear out now I'm afraid!"

"Wait, no I-" Bonnie stuttered.

Pomfrey tutted and waved a finger in her face.
"George needs to rest now. You can come back tomorrow."

Bonnie was feeling flustered and extremely bad as she looked at George's glum face. This boy had just told her he loves her and she hadn't said a word in response in over a minute.
Bonnie glanced around in distress and made eye contact with Fred across the room. She pleaded with her eyes and by some miracle he understood.

"Excuse me Madam Pomfrey?" Fred called across the room loudly.

The witch glanced up from where she was fussing over the sheets on George's bed.
"Yes, Mr Weasley?"

"We have a quick question, would you mind coming here for a moment?" He gave a small wink to Bonnie and mouthed the word 'hurry' as Madam Pomfrey huffed and walked quickly back over to him.

Bonnie turned to George in a rush and grabbed his face in her hands before pressing a lingering kiss on his frowning lips. Soon an arm snaked around her waist, pulling her closer while he kissed her back with intense passion, their lips seeming to fit into each other perfectly.

Bonnie pulled away but kept her face centimetres from his.
"I love you, George." She whispered, her heart rising in her throat at the ecstasy of saying that to him right now.

George's face broke out into a smile and they both grinned at each other giddily as time seemed to stop, while they bathed in this pool of mutual love, excitement and new beginnings.
They were snapped back to reality by Pomfrey's steps and Bonnie unwillingly tore herself away from George.

"I'll be back to see you tomorrow." She grinned at him, feeling dizzy with happiness.

"Can't wait." He grinned back.

Bonnie exited the Hospital Wing with the Weasley's and their friends who were still waiting outside, jumped up to receive them.

"How is he?!" Cried Angelina as her, Hermione, Harry and Lee jumped up and ran to meet them.

Fred slapped Lee on the back.
"He's absolutely fine guys! He's the Georgie we all know and love. Just needs another day or two to come back to his senses completely and it'll be like it never happened."

Molly nodded.
"That's right and Madam Pomfrey has been an absolute dear, she has told me you're all free to see George tomorrow if you wish."

Lee and Harry whooped in excitement.
Mr and Mrs Weasley bid their goodbyes and hugged their children as they made their way to Dumbledores office to use the Floo Network back to the Burrow. The students all began walking toward the dining room as dinner was about to start.

Fred fell in beside Bonnie as they walked.
"What did George say to you? Your eyes have been glazed over since you made me draw Pomfrey away. And... You're blushing! Why are you blushing Bonnie?" He poked her gently in the shoulder, just out of hearing of the others.

Bonnie shook her head with a huge smile escaping her lips.
"I think things are going to be ok now Freddie. I think maybe me and George can finally... be together."

Fred clapped loudly.
"Finally! It's been torture watching the on and off." He laughed, but she knew he wasn't kidding. Must have been annoying and frustrating watching the back and forth between her and George.

They walked in silence for a moment before Fred spoke again quietly.
"He told you he loved you didn't he?"

Bonnie snapped her head around to look at Fred.
"How did you know that!?" She asked incredulously.

"Well if I'm honest, was just a guess. But I also know my brother, the kid has been in love for a while now." He chuckled.

"So it doesn't seem strange and fast to you?"

Fred shook his head.
"Quite the opposite actually. Seems perfect."

Bonnie smiled as she looked at the floor. Her heart was bursting with a distinct happiness she hasn't felt in a long time - if ever.
The group sat at the Gryffindor table once they reached the Great Hall, bantering back and forth and talking happily. They were a bit early for dinner so there was no food yet and they were the only ones in there.

Bonnie gazed around at her friends, she really had never imagined life could be this good. In a way, she dreaded the coming months as it would be full of studying, exams and stress. Not to mention once they graduated, they wouldn't see nearly as much of each other.
But she pushed that thought away and focused on the here and now. George was recovering in the Hospital Wing (for the second time this school year), and everything was as it should be once again. Even the prospect of a blossoming relationship on the horizon for Bonnie was exciting and a whole new adventure. She couldn't wait to spend time with George and see where their apparent love could take them.

"Jeez where's the bloody food, I'm starving!" Lee was complaining.

Angelina scoffed.
"You're such a guts Lee."

Lee opened his mouth to respond when loud voices from outside the Great Hall interrupted him. Four figures passed the door as the group watched with interest.
McGonagall was one of them. Talking sternly to the other three who Bonnie quickly realised was Emma Vane and the other two had to be her parents.