Chapter 20

"Imminent danger!? No. Bonnie you're obviously reading it wrong. The only imminent danger I'm in is the damn perfume in the classroom clogging up my lungs." George shook his head, dismissing Bonnie's reading of his tea leaves.

"You look then Angelina." Bonnie said as she pushed the cup toward her. "See if it's an hourglass."

Angelina stared into the cup. She squinted and turned the cup this way and that, before announcing it was indeed an hourglass.
George scoffed and before they could stop him, he summoned Professor Trelawney over.

"Professor, we are at an impasse here. The girls think they see an hourglass, I disagree. It's obviously something else."
Trelawney's eyes widened at the mention of the hourglass and snatched the cup up and turned her big bug eyes to gaze down at the tea leaves.
She didn't look for long before she tutted and shook her head.
"My dear boy, these ladies are correct in seeing an hourglass. I suspect you've already looked up what it means... I suggest you be very careful from here on out, anything could be just around the corner waiting for you."
With that, the professor flitted off to another table, leaving George with his mouth hanging open.

"Did she just basically tell me I'm going to die and then walk off, like that wouldn't be the greatest loss to this school in centuries?"

The girls both rolled their eyes at him. Bonnie patted him assuringly on the shoulder.
"It's only tea leaves Georgie. Since when are these things ever right? Harry got the grim in 3rd year remember? That is the omen of death! But he's still kicking isn't he?"

Soon the torture was over, the 3 of them left the class together with a complaining George.
"Should never have taken this class." He was grumbling as they parted ways to hurry to their next lesson.

In the evening Bonnie entered the common room to find Fred and George hunched over the small table in the corner, whispering to each other. They looked up as she came in.

"Bonnie! What's this about you predicting my brothers death!?" Fred called.

"First of all Fred, I predicted nothing. And second of all, it wasn't bloody death, it was 'imminent danger'. Two very different things!"

Fred laughed. "Georgie here has been making out like he's going to drop dead at any moment." He turned to George. "You always have been the dramatic one."

George waved a dismissive hand in his face.
"If I die Bonnie, I will come back to haunt you every waking moment for the rest of your life."

Bonnie feigned shock. "Even in the shower George!? You would like that, Perv." She winked at him.
George blushed a deep red and stuttered slightly, not expecting something like that to come out of her mouth. Even Bonnie was slightly taken aback by her sudden boldness, she refused to show it though.

Fred on the other hand was rumbling with laughter. "You nearly killed him just now with shock Bonnie, keep it coming!" He said through his laughter, clearly impressed with her sudden sassiness.

The rest of the week went by with little to no interest. The most interest probably being in potions class, when George's Scintillation Solution exploded through his cauldron and erupted all over the floor. Nobody knew quite how it happened being a relatively simple potion. Snape looked like he may also explode as he gave George detention.
"Perhaps this was the imminent danger predicted in the leaves." George had moaned as they left the class.

When Saturday came around, the sheer amount of homework was keeping all the seventh years under immense stress and they had not much time for enjoying themselves. Which bothered the twins greatly, as they still had orders flooding in, and little to no time to make them.
Bonnie, Ron, Harry and Ginny helped wherever they could to concoct the sweets and potions that made up the Weasleys products, packaging them to send them on their way.

When Fred and George weren't scribbling out their homework or packaging their Weasley's Wizard Wheezers, they were in an empty classroom cooking up a top secret new product they were keen to release. It seemed to be George's pride and joy though, as he often worked on it alone. They wouldn't tell anybody anything about it, much to everyone's dismay.

By Sunday everyone had forgotten about the prediction of the tea leaves. No one in their circle takes those things seriously anyway.
Not only had that been forgotten, but George and Bonnie were getting along like a house on fire. She was no longer running away from him, and there was little awkwardness anymore.
In fact, the flirting banter - which Bonnie had started with her comment about George perving on her  in the shower as a ghost - seemed to have propelled them into an ongoing battle of flirty whits.
Bonnie found this to be an especially good release of her pent up feelings for George. She could say things she would otherwise not get away with, and people would laugh thinking it was a joke. Which was fine with her, she thoroughly enjoyed it actually.

Her favourite moment was still the shower comment, as no one had seen that coming. A close runner up however, had to be when George was complaining about not being able to fit all his writing on the piece of parchment he had torn off for himself for his transfiguration homework.
"I just can't fit it all in!" He had complained loudly, slamming his quill down.
Bonnie didn't miss a beat and replied with "I didn't think you'd really have that issue though George?" She had looked at him up and down suggestively with overly innocent eyes, and the 4 other people within earshot had erupted with laughter, as George turned red and tried to come up with a clever return.
He couldn't.