Chapter 13

Bonnie awoke early to a pounding head and a churning stomach. She remembered why she hadn't drank in so long, hangovers are the worst.

She got up to use the bathroom, splashing cold water on her face before she returned to her bed. Memories of last night were coming back in drips and drabs until Bonnie remembered why her pillow was stained with tears.

Climbing back into bed, she tried to push the events of the night out of her head as she closed her eyes to try to get some more sleep.
Thankfully it came quite quickly and she fell into a light doze.

An hour passed and she woke again to hear her dorm mates dressing and leaving the room, presumably to go get some breakfast.
Bonnie stayed where she was, eyes closed, feigning sleep in case anyone looked at her and wanted to ask her to join them.
She didn't feel hungry. She felt heartbroken.

Staying in bed all day sounded like a great plan to her. So there she lay among her soft, warm sheets, drifting in and out of sleep.
She felt a weight push the mattress down next to her and she squinted her eyes to see what it was.
Hermione, with a pitiful look on her face.

"Bonnie, it's 12:30pm. You'll miss lunch if you don't get up. You know you really shouldn't skip meals, especially two in a row."

Bonnie closed her eyes again, this is exactly why she tried to stay away from Hermione. The nagging.

"Please Hermione, have mercy" she whined, pushing her face into her pillow.

"Fred is looking for you. He wants to apologise for last night. He feels really badly."

"He's got nothing to apologise for! This is nobody's fault. Nobody but mine maybe. Fred just wanted to have a party, Katie is a nice looking girl who got lucky, and George was just doing his dare... plus a little extra. He's single. I have no right to be upset with him."

"Wether you like it or not Bonnie, we are your friends. We are going to look out for you and be here for you - even the same with George. No matter what happens, or doesn't happen between the two of you, you can be certain he never would want to upset you."

Bonnie furrowed her brow, willing the tears that were pushing their way forward to go away. She never really considered having 'friends' here in the exact sense of the word. Only so she couldn't hurt her own feelings when they didn't talk to her or invite her places. Being a bystander of friendship groups just made more sense to her, ever since first year when she failed to establish her own group.

But hearing Hermione call herself, George and Fred her friends made her heart do a funny little flip in her chest. It felt nice.

"Thanks Hermione. I know I'm not a barrel of fun at the best of times, but it's nice to know someone does care."

Hermione smiled and lay a hand on Bonnie's shoulder.
"So, lunch?"

She shook her head. "Really Hermione I'm not even hungry. I'm just going to stay here a bit longer. Maybe I'll see you at dinner."

She could tell the bushy haired girl wanted to tell her off, but she seemed to stop herself.

"Ok well... Don't stay in bed the entire day Bonnie" she called as she left.

Sleep soon took her again. This time she had a dream. She dreamt of George, standing in front of her outside the greenhouse. He had his pale, thin hand cupping her cheek as he gazed into her eyes with his beautiful brown ones. She couldn't hear a word he was saying out of his delicious lips, but she felt butterflies in her stomach.
She looked down at his soft mouth and leant in to kiss him...

When someone shook her shoulder.

"Bon! Wake up. We bought you a pumpkin pastie. You're wasting away up here." Angelina said as she put the food wrapped in a napkin on her bedside table. It smelt amazing.
Bonnie however, apparently did not, as Angelina wrinkled her nose as she continued "You know, it wouldn't hurt to shower.."

Hermione shot her a dirty look.
"You really should get up though. The day is almost over!"

That suited her just fine. She couldn't have faced George today. Or even Fred for that matter, why did they have to look exactly the same!?

She groaned but sat up, grabbing the food off the table and taking a bite. It tasted even better than it smelled, maybe she was hungry after all.

"Get in the shower, before I put you there myself." Angelina bossed.

Bonnie pointed to her pastie as she chewed, giving her the 'cant you see I'm eating?' look.

"Fine, eat your food and get cracking. It's not like you're going to run into the boys in the girls lavatory, so quit with the pity party, You're stinking up the room."