Chapter 69

The school week flew by, everyone was in high spirits from having George back in the land of the living. But nobody was happier than Bonnie. She could hardly keep the big cheesy grin off her face day or night.

George was able to leave the Hospital Wing two days after he got put in there. He immediately returned to class, with exceptions from quizzes and often got pulled to the side for some one on one tutoring on things he had missed by the teachers. Bonnie also helped where she could after class, but George wasn't that keen on taking the help - as he and Fred didn't plan on sticking around to actually see the school year out anyway.
Fred and George were meeting in private constantly to plan something extravagant, a prank of which this school had never seen. They would not utter a word of it to anyone - not even Bonnie, even though they had already made her swear to help.

Bonnie walked into the common room after school on Friday, to find the twins huddled on the couch whispering to each other giddily with that all too familiar mischievous sparkle in their eyes.

"So when do I get bought in on this secret planning you made me swear to?" Bonnie announced as she threw her overflowing book bag onto the floor and made her way over to the red haired boys.

George looked up at her and grinned widely.
"All in good time Bonnie, dear!" He winked, pulling her by her waist into his lap.
Fred made a mock disgusted face at the two lovers as they pecked each other on the lips.

"I'll take this as my queue." He huffed.

"Don't leave on my account Freddie." Bonnie called, not taking her eyes off George.

Fred rolled his eyes and climbed the stairs to his dorm.

Bonnie pulled George's face closer to hers, making their lips meet. This felt right and they both felt it deep within their bones.

George pulled away and wrapped his arms around her torso tighter.
"So I was thinking!" He announced.

"Dangerous." Bonnie giggled.

"Quiet you." He chuckled back.
"I was thinking about this weekend and our date. Now, Pomfrey has said I'm not allowed to leave school grounds this weekend. This really throws a spanner in the works, as I wanted to take you to Hogsmeade!"

"That's ok Georgie, we can do something else. Maybe we can go for a walk around? Fly around the Quidditch pitch?"

His ears perked up slightly at the mention of flying, as they hadn't done that yet together and Bonnie knew how much he loved Quidditch.
"We will do that, but it's not special enough for our first date!" He complained.

Bonnie couldn't help but smile. It was really sweet how special he wanted to make their date. No boy had ever cared so much.
They sat in silence for a minute, staring into the roaring fire, both thinking hard about what could qualify as a special date here at Hogwarts.

"I've got it!" He cried suddenly, right in her ear hole, making Bonnie jump so far she bounced off his lap and onto the couch next to him instead.
"Sorry, love." He said apologetically.

"You scared the bloody daylights out of me George!"
Bonnie punched him gently in the shoulder with a laugh.
"Now tell me your idea!"
She leaned in excitedly to hear what she nearly lost an eardrum for.

George only shook his head. Making Bonnie open her mouth to protest. However George made her shut it again with a rough kiss as he stood.

"Where do you think you're going!?" Bonnie shouted after him. He turned to her with a wink and climbed the stairs, two at a time and disappeared from sight.

'What the bloody hell was that all about' Bonnie thought to herself with slight irritation.

Bonnie didn't see George for the rest of the evening. She went to bed in a huff at the sudden abandonment, a Friday night and all she did was study.

The next morning she dragged herself down to breakfast with Angelina, the two discussing what might be in their Arithmacy exam. Bonnie quickly spotted the twins shovelling food into their mouths at the Gryffindor table. She excused herself from her conversation with Angelina briefly and positioned herself behind George, who hadn't seen her come in.

She quietly leaned toward his left ear and shouted.
"Mr Weasley!"

George nearly fell off his seat in shock and dropped his fork on the ground. He whirled around to glare and Bonnie as he rubbed his ear.
"What the hell was that for! You nearly burst my-"

"Eardrum? Yeah I know the feeling." She said sarcastically, stifling a laugh.

He rolled his eyes but laughed along with everyone else who had witnessed that.
It was always a nice day when the mischievous twins got a taste of their own medicine, no matter how small.

"So whats the plan for today George?" Bonnie asked lightly.

"Oh, not much. Fred and I have some planning to do, then maybe have a little game of Quidditch with the guys." He said not looking up from his food, a hint of a smile on his face.

Bonnie frowned momentarily, but she quickly realised he wanted a reaction from her - knowing full well they were meant to have their date today.

She fixed her eyes on her plate and shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.
"That's just as well, I have plans with Angelina all day today."

Angelina gave her a questioning look and opened her mouth to speak, before Bonnie gave her a shoe to the shin.
"Uh - yeah, super busy all day today. Couldn't fit you in if we tried." Angelina said, giving Bonnie the side eye.

George narrowed his eyes at Angelina, then Bonnie.
"Good." He said plainly, eating again.

True to his word, George was elsewhere all day. But also true to her word, Bonnie was kept occupied by Angelina who was joined by Hermione later - never one to miss a study session. They spent the day studying together because unlike those twins, they planned on finishing the school year. Exams were creeping ever closer and they wanted to get good scores.

Bonnie saw George all of about two times the entire day, both times he was running to his dorm, then back out the portrait door.
By the time the evening came, she was extremely suspicious, as well as disappointed. She was so excited for their date. But instead of getting sad about it, she made a plan to set it up herself tomorrow. She couldn't blame George for wanting to spend some time with his friends she supposed.

Just as she was lying on her back, sprawled out on the floor of her dorm plotting a perfect date with George tomorrow, a steady tapping came from the window next to her where she lay.
A beautiful snowy owl was perched on the ledge, holding its leg out. Tied to it with a red ribbon, was a rolled up piece of parchment. Bonnie smiled widely, she knew exactly who this was going to be from.

With the setting sun outside making her face glow as much as her heart was, Bonnie read the scrawled writing inside the rolled parchment, which was as always - followed by 3 drawn stars.

Meet me in the Astronomy tower.