Chapter 52

Bonnie had never actually been excited to go back to school after break, but this time she could not wait.
Her final night at the Weasley's was dreamy, kissing George goodnight and having the best nights sleep she'd had in years, before taking Floo Powder back to her home.

The last few days of holidays were relaxing and carefree. Bonnie got giddy every time an owl showed up with a letter, because it was nearly always from George. He had only been able to send Errol once before the poor owl needed a long break of his own.

Bonnie spent the days lounging around the house in comfy clothes, sipping tea and conversing happily with her parents when they weren't working. She even went to visit her mum in Diagon Alley who worked there in a small cosy cafe, while doing back to school shopping. Her dad worked in finance which she found quite boring and was never able to visit.
She missed George terribly and in their letters, they were already planning outings to Hogsmeade together.

Finally the time came to board the Hogwarts express. Her mother dropped her at the station and kissed her goodbye before Bonnie ran through to Platform 9 3/4. She scanned the station for any signs of ginger hair. Not seeing any, she boarded the train and ambled her way through the carriages looking for familiar faces, before she heard the distinct tones of Fred trying to convince a second year to try a Puking Pastille.

"Now, now Fred. Leave the poor child alone!" She giggled.

Two identical faces turned with smiles toward her. One smile was exceptionally bigger than the other though, as George hurried over to scoop her into a warm hug and kissed the top of her head.
Bonnie blushed as she buried her head into his jumper and breathed in his sweet smell.

Fred was looking amused at them as they broke apart.
"Aren't you two cosy?" He grinned with a raised eyebrow at his brother.

"Shove off Fred." George mumbled as he put a hand on the small of Bonnie's back and began leading her down the carriage.

"Ginny and Ron are down in this compartment at the end." He said, still smiling widely.

Bonnie glanced around quickly before pulling George into an empty compartment, locking the door and pulling down the blind.
His eyes were wide with surprise, but soon turned to knowing as Bonnie leapt toward him and placed her arms around the back of his neck, pulling his lips down to meet hers.
They kissed for a moment before pulling away.

"Call me crazy." George chuckled. "But I get the hunch you missed me. Or is it just my mouth?"

"Just your mouth. So if you could just give your lips to me, I'll be on my way." She said, acting disinterested.

George feigned shock, but pulled her closer into his body unable to stop himself from smiling.
"You're not going anywhere Peers, I haven't had enough yet." He breathed into her ear, making her skin tingle.

His lips were full of heat as he leaned back in passionately to kiss her again, driving them both wild. But before they could get too into it, the handle of the door started to rattle as someone shook it trying to get in.

George groaned into her mouth, which in itself made her knees weak.
"I guess fun time is over. Better let some dummies sit in here I suppose."

He squeezed her waist before grabbing her hand and turning to open the door. Some shocked first years gawked up at the tall redhead and looked rather scared.
"Yes, yes! We are leaving. Take your seats!"
He pulled Bonnie along behind him as he manoeuvred around the children.
"Come on love, should probably find the others."

Further down the same carriage, George threw open a door to find a compartment full of laughter and conversation. Lee, Ron, Harry, Ginny and Fred were all sitting inside chatting happily.
Bonnie let go of George's hand before anybody could see, which was met with a confused face by George, but he didn't say anything. Instead he smacked Fred in the shoulder to get him to make enough room for himself and Bonnie. It was a tight fit but they all got seated in time for the train to begin moving.

By the time the train pulled into Hogsmeade Station, the compartment they were in was stuffy and hot as 2 others had joined them since leaving - Hermione and Angelina. Bonnie was quite glad to be able to go out into the the nippy air and breath in some oxygen that hadn't just been breathed out by one of her friends.

The journey to the castle and the start of term feast flashed by as Bonnie caught up with all her friends and ate herself silly, before making their way up to the common room. Strangely, George was nowhere to be seen as they said the password to get in - Bonnie could have sworn he was right behind her. Shrugging it off, she sat down next to Angelina on the overstuffed couches in front of the fire, and continued with their conversation about muggle bands.

About 10 minutes later, George stumbled in through the portrait with his brows knitted together and looking flushed.

"Where did you get to Georgie?" Fred questioned his brother as he perched himself on the corner of the couch Ron was sitting on.

"Uh... Just catching up with a buddy." He looked at his hands as if they'd suddenly become the most interesting things in the world.

Fred cocked his head in confusion before sarcastically pointing to each of their friends and counting them.

"...5, 6, 7... no we are all here mate. Got yourself an imaginary friend?" He laughed.

George looked flustered as he gave his twin a look that told him to shut up.
Fred put his hands up in mock innocence and shook his head before turning to Lee to talk about the business again.

"That was weird..." Angelina said quietly to Bonnie, eyes narrowed at George.

She was right. It was weird, and it made Bonnie extremely uneasy.