Chapter 71

Bonnie lay with her head on George's rapidly rising and falling chest. His heart was still racing - as was hers. The soft blanket was now draped over Bonnie's curves and George's lower half as they caught their breath. They each gazed out at the stars, content.

"Tonight was perfect, George." Bonnie whispered.

She felt George run a hand through her hair, stroking it gently.
"More than perfect, Bon." He smiled.

She swivelled her head to look up at him with big eyes.
"I love you." She breathed.

George looked at her with such warmth, a smile spreading across his handsome features.
"I love you too."
He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her so her eyes would be level with him.
"And I'm telling you right now, we will be doing that again as soon as possible." He smirked as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

Bonnie giggled and she flushed slightly. George smoothed her hair away from her face, surveying her features.
"You're so damn beautiful Bon, I can't get over it."

They settled for a moment, looking up at the sky.
"You sort of remind me of the stars you know." George said after a while.

"How so?"

He closed his eyes thoughtfully.
"It's tough to put into words... you just... shine. When I'm feeling dark, you're there just shining away, like the brightest star in the sky that your eye is instantly drawn to.
I know you're always there, even if I can't see you. Like with the whole Emma thing, I remember none of it, except you. You broke through that dark haze and managed to reach me...
People make wishes on stars right? ... I made a wish on you." He chuckled lightly. "And that wish came true."

Bonnie stared at him, mouth slightly agape.

George laughed.
"That was bloody sappy wasn't it."

"No! Well... yes." She giggled. "But that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. You can be really sweet when you want to George."

"Only for you, my star."
He hugged her tight.
"Maybe the star charts were right after all."

"You reckon we are soulmates?" She said, amused.

"I reckon." He nodded.

Warmth spread through Bonnie's body at these words. Nothing had ever felt more right.

"I want to lay here all night, but we probably should get going... or at least get dressed. Imagine Filch walks in, we don't want to scar Mrs Norris."
George chuckled, after a while of laying wrapped up in each other.

She sighed dramatically, but he was right. It would be a catastrophe if a teacher walked in while they were like this.
They gathered their clothes shyly, Bonnie clutching the blanket to her naked body, fetching clothes from a surprising distance where they had been thrown in amongst their passion.

As Bonnie pulled her shirt down over her head, she felt arms snaking around her waist and George's head came to rest on her shoulder. She tingled at his warm breath on her neck, still electrified from their earlier escapade.
She smiled as they took one last look out at the silky darkness, the stars were extra bright tonight.

"Shining just for us you think?" George pondered.

Bonnie nodded against his head, feeling his hair tickling her cheek.

He pointed at the sky.
"That star there reminds me of you."

She laughed.
"Which one George? There's only about a million."

"That really pretty, shiny one." He gestured.
"Wait, no! That one there!"
He shifted the angle of his pointing finger again.
"No actually, that one." He changed again.

Bonnie giggled like a little school girl.
"You're a loser."

"Yeah, but now I'm your loser."
He kissed her neck and stood up straight, flicking his wand at the decorated room.

The candles, lights, flower petals, pillows and blankets disappeared and Bonnie pouted slightly. She wished they could stay in this little bubble forever.

"Don't be sad Bon, this won't be the last time I make a room look pretty for you." He smiled cockily and handed her the bouquet he gave her upon her entrance a few hours ago.

She leaned down to smell the flowers, feeling her senses fill with their delicate sweetness and her mind filled with the feeling of Spring-time.
He held out his hand for her and she took it in hers as they made their way slowly back to the common room, tittering and chatting the whole way like a couple of newly-weds.

They uttered the password and much to their surprise they were met with the loud thudding of bass-heavy music. The Gryffindor common room was packed with students from all years chatting and dancing and drinking.
A roar of cheers went up as George and Bonnie came through the portrait, still clutching each other's hands and hair a mess.

"What's all this then?" George asked Fred as he came stumbling over.

"For you Georgie! Because you finally back to being Georgie and - and we all looove Georgie."

"You're absolutely hammered, aren't you mate?" George snickered.

"Nah I've only had like..." Fred held his hands up and starting counting on his fingers silently.
"Um, more than fingers. So maybe I'm tiniest bit drunk. But that's ok." He waved a dismissing hand in their direction.
"Join me up on my drunk tower you two, it's glorious. I'll show you round." He slurred.

Lee bought over two cups brimming with Fire Whiskey and shoved them in the couples' hands.
"Drink!" He shouted, his eyes hooded with intoxication too.
"We've been waiting hours! We had to start without you. Where you been?"

Bonnie and George glanced at each other. Lee noticed this, taking a moment to survey their 'bed' hair, as well as their intertwined hands and the bouquet. He covered his mouth with his hand and pointed at them.
"Ohhhh you've been having-"

"Shut it Lee!" George smacked him on the arm lightly. Fred cackled beside him.

Lee smirked and walked slowly backwards, using two of his fingers to point at his eyes and then pointing them at George and Bonnie knowingly.

"Get drinking you two." Fred stated as he walked off with Lee to annoy Ron.

"You heard the man." said Bonnie, holding her cup up to cheers George.

"To my girlfriend Bonnie, the lady I love and will do anything for - including kick those two's arses." He smiled.

Bonnie laughed while she cheersed George and she kissed him on the cheek.
"You're a surprisingly big sap George Weasley! I love it."

They spent the night chatting and drinking with their friends, getting rather drunk themselves. It was a warm, weightless intoxication which often led to Bonnie sitting on George's lap - they couldn't keep their hands off each other. It felt wonderful.

~~~

A/N:  Sorry it's been a bit fluffy and not much has been happening! We are on the last few chapters!

I'll ask again at the end, but comment here —->
If you want a part 2! I'm more than keen to write more on Bonnie and George's story if there's some interest in it, eg. After graduation? :)
As always don't forget to vote if you're enjoying! X