Chapter 60

By the time Monday rolled around Bonnie was sweating bullets in anticipation for her confrontation with George. Everyone was very confident in her ability to be able to break through, but the pressure was really getting to her. All their hopes were on her and it was a scary thought that this might not work and she would let them down.

Bonnie walked with Angelina into Divination and took their usual seats at the back in the lumpy chairs, where George used to sit with them. But now he sat alone 3 tables away from them.
They were learning more about Mars this lesson but Bonnie couldn't take a single thing of it in. She was bouncing her leg and shifting nervously in her seat.

"You need to calm down Bon." Angelina hissed.

"Calm down!? Ange, this might be our only shot at this. I am freaking out."

"I get that, I do. If I'm being honest - I do not envy you right now. But just remember I'm going to be right outside that door and no matter what happens, we will all be here for you ok?"

Bonnie nodded as Trelawney dismissed the class. As predicted, the teacher disappeared quickly through the door amongst the students. George was fumbling with his books as she glanced over at him.
Bonnie's heart started to race and a sheen of nervous sweat prickled her skin. George was heading toward the door.

"Bonnie! Distract him, quickly!" Angelina shoved her in the red heads direction hurriedly.

Bonnie shook her head and cleared her throat. Her voice shook as she called out to him.
"Uh- George! Wait up."

Bonnie walked quickly over to him and grabbed his arm. George's face showed a flash of panic before calming to a dazed smile.
"Hi Bonnie. I'm just going to meet my girlfriend, Emma. Do you know her? She's amazing."

Bonnie suppressed an eye roll as she recalled the weekend just passed and how Emma attacked her, literally right in front of George.
She noticed out of the corner of her eye Angelina sneaking out of the door behind the rest of the class and firmly closing it, leaving George and Bonnie alone in the stuffy, dim room.
George turned to go but again, Bonnie pulled him back by his arm.

"George. Look at me. Who am I?"
She looked deeply into his hazel eyes, willing him to snap out of it. If only it were that simple.

"Well you're Bonnie of course, silly." He chuckled.

"Yes... But George what am I to you?"

"You are a girl in my year in Gryffindor. We used to be friends." He smiled at her.

"Used to be..." Bonnie felt like someone had just stabbed her.
"I don't understand George. Why used to be? Why aren't we still friends?"

"Well Emma said you and the others don't have my best interest at heart. She said I shouldn't be friends with people like that."

A surge of anger pulsed through her veins. The audacity of this girl repulsed her. What kind of person would willingly by cruel enough to turn someone against everyone they love and who love them?

"George listen to me, Emma lied to you. She's lying George. We all love you and we want what's best for you."

His eyes softened briefly before he looked very confused.
"Emma wouldn't lie to me. She loves me. And I love her. Why are you trying to cause trouble Bonnie?"

Tears were welling in Bonnie's eyes now, she could hardly keep herself together looking at the shell of a man in front of her.

"What's she done to you?" She whispered, taking his face in her hands and stepping closer to him. Their noses were almost touching and the familiar electricity sparked in her body at being this close to him.
George struggled for a moment to get away from her, Emma being to only thing on his mind. When suddenly a familiar spark and calm washed over him as he gazed into her eyes. He stopped moving and clarity peeked through the fog in his mind like the sun on an overcast day.

"Bonnie." He breathed longingly, feeling like he was seeing her for the first time in a long time.

A tear spilled over Bonnie's cheek as she grinned up at the freckled boy who seemed to suddenly recognise her and what she truely meant to him. She spun her fingers through his red hair and pulled his lips to meet hers in a hurried and frenzied kiss. She felt complete again for a very short moment before she had to pull away.

"George! Oh my Georgie." She whispered, not daring to move away from him.
"Listen, we don't have much time. George, you're in there, I know this now. Emma isn't who you think she is, she's got you under a Love Potion, do you understand?"

His eyebrows knitted together.
"Emma... but Emma would do that, would she Bonnie?"

His eyes were starting to glaze over again at the mention of her name. Bonnie shook his head slightly, still clasped in her hands.
"No, no! George! Please, remember that we all still love you. We are still your friends no matter what the bitch tells you. We aren't going anywhere."

She leaned in to kiss him again, this time more deeply and with intense passion. If this doesn't cause a break through, nothing would.
They broke away again and tears were leaking from George's eyes. Intense sadness littered his handsome face.
"Help me Bonnie." He uttered.

Bonnie felt a sob catch in her throat.
"George I'm here. We will get you out of this I promise. I - I... I love you. Please hang in there."

The look on his face was a mix of shock and happiness before it relaxed into the stupid, ditzy smile he had been sporting for the last few weeks.
He was gone again.

He wrenched himself free of Bonnie's embrace, giving her a dirty look before making for the door.
"I have a girlfriend I love, Bonnie. Please respect that."

He yanked open the door and came face to face with Angelina who had evidently been pressing her ear hard up against the door.
George sauntered passed her as she looked sheepishly at him, before turning to Bonnie.

"Did you hear all that?" Bonnie asked, fighting back the sobs.

"Every word."

~~~~~

A/N: please don't forget to vote and comment on my story. It would mean a lot to me :) xx