Chapter 67

"What the bloody hell is she doing back here?" Growled Ron, glaring through the doors of the Great Hall at Emma Vane and her parents.

Fred rose suddenly, his face red with rage as he stomped his way toward the door.

"Fred, FRED! Stop mate." Lee was shouting.

Bonnie quickly rose to try and grab the angry ginger before he did something stupid, however Fred ended up grabbing her arm and dragging her along with him.
"Fred!" Bonnie hissed.
"What the hell are you doing? Let me go! You're acting crazy. Do you want to be expelled along with Emma?!"

Fred said nothing and stormed toward the Vane's. They had turned to watch the two as they came closer and Emma had an evil smirk on her face.

"How dare you come back here after what you did to my brother you troll." Fred said through gritted teeth, eyes trained on Emma.

The tall, black haired man who must have been Emma's dad raised his eyebrows in shock.
"I'd be thankful if you did not speak to my daughter that way." Mr Vane retorted.

Mrs Vane tutted at her distaste for Fred and patted her daughter on the shoulder comfortingly.
"And this is your boyfriends brother?"
She looked Fred up and down with her almost black eyes that peeked through a black fringe.

Emma fixed a look of fake shock and sadness on her face and looked up innocently at her parents.
"You see how they treat me Daddy? I've done nothing but love Georgie but they just decided they hated me and made up a story to get me expelled."

Bonnie exploded with rage, she could almost feel her blood boiling as her face heated up, she finally tore away from Fred's grasp and took a menacing step toward Emma.
"You vile, lying little bi-"

"That's quite enough Miss Peers!" McGonagall interrupted, her voice surprisingly smooth.

"But Professor! She's meant to be off school grounds!" Fred complained loudly.

"I'm well aware, Thank you Mr Weasley. I am bringing them directly to the Headmaster as I do not have permission to kick them off grounds myself." She said hotly.

Bonnie's chest swelled with a new found respect for the Professor. Just surveying McGonagall's cold face told Bonnie how much she also despised Emma for the cruel games she's been playing with George's life.
Emma's smirk faltered slightly, making a small smile escape Fred and Bonnie's lips.

"So if you will just follow me Emma, Mr and Mrs Vane." McGonagall motioned with her arm toward the stairs and started to climb.
"Actually." She paused and put a hand on the stone railing as she turned back to face Bonnie and Fred.
"If you two wouldn't mind coming along too? I'm sure you could shed more light on the situation, should Mr and Mrs Vane be willing to hear the story from someone other than their daughter, who I'm sure - bent the truth slightly."
She spoke cooly and the last worlds were directed straight at Emma who cowered slightly under the professors stony gaze.

Fred and Bonnie grinned at each other and walked quickly to catch the group ascending the staircase toward the headmasters office.

A few minutes later they were all sat in chairs facing Professor Dumbledore. The old man gazed at them lazily over his half moon spectacles, his hands clasped in front of him on his desk. Nobody had spoken since they entered.

"Now, if I remember correctly, Miss Vane." He spoke quietly and looked intently at Emma with his piercing blue eyes.
"You were escorted from my school, at my command - by no less than two Ministry workers. Is that correct?"

Bonnie saw Emma swallow hard and nod quickly.
Dumbledore didn't remove his eyes from hers, holding her stare for a few moments of silence.

"So would you mind enlightening me as to why you're back in this castle?"

"You see Headmaster-" Mr Vane began.
Dumbledore held a long, ring covered finger up to silence him, without even looking in his direction.

"Miss Vane?" Dumbledore prompted the young girl.

"Um... I wanted to see George. He's my boyfriend a-and I thought well... maybe if he could tell you that he loves me too then, um... well then I could stay?" She finished hopefully.

The Headmaster stared at her with an almost bored expression before shifting his gaze to the parents.
"Mr and Mrs Vane. Seeing as you are here, I trust you must have received my owl stating the reasons for your daughters removal."

"Well, yes Headmaster but-" Mr Vane started.

"And I trust you're aware that Love Potions are strictly forbidden from entering Hogwarts grounds?"

"Where is your proof sir? That my daughter did as you accuse?" Mr Vane asked angrily.

Dumbledore sat back in his regal chair and pressed his fingertips together.
"George Weasley at this moment, lays in the Hospital Wing. He had just recently been bought back from the perpetual haze your daughter kept him in for weeks. How did we do this? The Antidote, that works only on people affected with Love Potion. Once bought back to reality, Mr Weasley was eager to tell us he does not love your daughter and that he hardly even knows who she is."

Mr Vane scoffed.
"Rubbish! Emma told us how this little Trollop sitting there-" He pointed an accusing finger at Bonnie. "-stole him away from her. This is just a young boys way of not having to break it off because he is a coward."

Fred's fists clenched.
"Say that again, you old prick!" He growled at Mr Vane.

Dumbledore shot a stern look at Fred who quieted immediately.
"I'm afraid you have received a heavily edited version of the truth from young Emma."

Mr and Mrs Vane looked at each other in confusion before looking at Emma, who was looking at her hands intently.
The two parents listened as Dumbledore explained the facts and what really happened. The Headmaster even got Bonnie and Fred to add pieces of information he deemed important to the story.
By the end of the speech, Emma was receiving deathly glares from her clearly embarrassed parents.

"Mr Weasley and Miss Peers, you may go to dinner. I hear there is a delectable Treacle Tart for desert tonight, it is my favourite. I hope to get down to sample some before dinner is over." He looked pointedly at the Vane's.

Fred and Bonnie stood and thanked the Headmaster before heading back down to the Great Hall, both in a semi state of shock as well as elation that they got to witness Emma being taken down like that.

~~~

A/N: Pleeeeaase don't forget to vote if you're liking the story! Maybe even throw a follow my way if you want to 😁❤️