Chapter 14

Dinner time came quicker than Bonnie would have liked. She wasn't prepared. What if George was there?

She looked at herself long and hard in the mirror. This boy had made feelings she didn't even know she had, come to the surface. She was content with going about her Hogwarts life unnoticed and left alone before all this stuff happened.
Bonnie stared at herself and couldn't help it, she got mad. Not at George, not at herself, not at anything in particular. She just wasn't going to let her final year at Hogwarts be her crushing on some boy who probably didn't even know the colour of her eyes.

That was it. She decided that she indeed hoped that George would be at dinner because if he was, she was going to give him something to look at.

Smacking herself on both cheeks with open hands, Bonnie shook her head violently and got busy putting on a light, but noticeable layer of make up.
Soft foundation, blush, mascara and a thin layer of lipgloss, followed by a bright, low cut top with spaghetti straps and her tightest pair of black jeans.

She was feeling herself. She looked hot.
She looked in the mirror, sprayed some perfume, tousled her long hair and nodded at herself. Yes. She felt good. She looked good.
This wasn't for George, it was for her.

"I'm a strong woman. I'm independent. I don't care what some chart says. I don't care that George doesn't like me. This is my last year at Hogwarts and I'm going to stop being the loner in the corner missing out on the fun stuff!"

This mantra she silently mouthed to herself the whole way down to the dining room.
When she got there, she confidently walked up to where Hermione and Angelina were sitting, heads bent together, probably talking about Bonnie. She sat down next to Angelina with her head held high.

"Evening ladies" she said curtly as she began to spoon mashed potatoes and roast beef onto her golden plate.

Both their eyes widened and their mouths turned to grins when they saw her.

Angelina shook her head and clapped.
"Absolutely outstanding Peers. I wasn't expecting this but I'm over the moon to see it."

Hermione laughed as she agreed, looking at her.
She slyly looked across, over Bonnie's shoulder toward where Ron, Fred, Harry and George were sitting.

Harry was openly gawking at Bonnie while Ron punched him in the arm, Fred was darting his eyes between an open mouthed George and a dolled up Bonnie, smirking.
Hermione rolled her eyes, why was it that a low cut top and a bit of make up made boys suddenly see girls in a different light?

The whole meal, George was taking sneaky glances at Bonnie, wondering what she had dressed up for.
He also noticed she hadn't even looked in his direction the whole time, this made him frown slightly.

Back in the common room, Bonnie's confidence was starting to slip as she sat in one of the arm chairs by the warm fire, chatting to the girls. Who seemed to be careful not to talk about the party last night, in fear of upsetting her again.

Fred walked over and perched himself on Angelina's arm rest.
"Bloody incredible move Bon, none of us saw this coming. George could hardly keep his eyes off you."

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest. "Fred I think it's crystal clear by now that George has never and will never, have romantic feelings for me. That's fine, I dressed up to cheer myself up and that's all.
See, if a bit of make up and tight clothes are what makes a boy realise you exist, they do not deserve you."

Fred raised an eyebrow at her. "Then tell me why the first thing George said to me when he saw you was 'She looks lovely in make up, but I think I prefer to be able to see the freckles on her nose'.
That's not something men who don't realise you exist say."

"He said that?"

"Indeed he did. Although he didn't seem to realise what he had said before it came out of his mouth. Not something I've heard him say before. But for your sake Bon, I refrained from teasing him about it!"

Bonnie couldn't believe her ears. Was Fred kidding around? Before she could ask he continued talking.
"Though he did seem rather put out that you hadn't so much as glanced in his direction at all"

She suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over her. Hurting George's feelings definitely wasn't intended.
"Where is he?" She asked Fred, leaning back in her chair.

"Upstairs I think, working on a new product. Want me to go get him?"

"Yes do it!" Angelina interrupted. "But don't make it obvious you're telling him to come down here to see anyone in particular. Just be cool"

Fred nodded and with a wink, strode up the stairs to fetch his brother.
Angelina leant over to where Bonnie was sitting and started moving her hair around and adjusting her top.
Bonnie tried to swat her hands away.

"You have to look fresh Bon, because this could be make or break!" she whispered as Fred emerged from the stairwell, George in tow.