Chapter 33

The kiss made gravity fall away. Nothing else entered Bonnie's mind apart from George's soft lips and his intoxicating scent, even if it was masked slightly by the tang of a strange potion.

She lightly pressed her hand to his chest and entwined her other in his hair, he didn't seem to be in pain as she did so. He pulled her closer as his arm surrounded her waist while his other hand held her face softly.
After a moment they broke away and pressed their foreheads together. A grin broke out on Bonnie's face that she saw returned on George's face through the dim light of her now discarded wand.

"Been wanting to do that - properly, for ages." He whispered, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Me too. Even if you do look like a bit of a tomato." She jested. They both laughed as George pulled his face away from hers, but not breaking eye contact.

"I'm not even meant to be out of the hospital wing, but I couldn't wait a minute more to try for a do-over with you."

"I'm glad you did. Although I don't condone running away from health care George."
Bonnie said with mock sternness.
"So when do you get released?"

"I'm not sure." He sighed. "Hopefully soon, I think it'll take Pomfrey a few days to sort out the remainder of my burns and then I should be free to go."

Bonnie grinned at the news. "I can't wait until we are all together again!"

"Me neither! But you can't tell the others I met you tonight. Fred will have my head if he knew I came to see you and didn't see him too!"

Bonnie laughed at the image of Fred's face in outrage upon learning his brother decided to see a girl over him.

George took her hand again and gave it a squeeze as he smirked.
"You're going to have to get me caught up with all the schoolwork I've missed. I don't want to have to repeat 7th year while all of you carry on your lives without me! This could potentially take a lot of one on one tutoring." His eyes glinted with mischief and it made Bonnie's stomach flutter.

"I only tutor well behaved students." She winked.

"Oh I can be as well behaved as you want me to be." He shot back in a silky voice.
Bonnie's heart raced at the subtle insinuation behind those words. She loved that George hadn't missed a beat with picking up where they had left off with their flirty banter. Although this time was even better because she knew he actually meant the things he said.

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Bonnie remembered where they were.
"You should get back to the hospital wing before Madam Pomfrey realises your gone. You'll be in quite the pickle then!"

"You're right. But I wish we didn't have to... Listen, I should be allowed to see visitors tomorrow all going well, so come with Fred and whoever else. I really want to see you again as soon as possible, even if it has to be with the rest of them." He chuckled.
Bonnie knew he couldn't wait to see Fred especially, their other friends too, but it made Bonnie feel fuzzy inside that he wanted to see her most of all. 

"I'll be there." She said as they stood.
George embraced her warmly and neither of them seemed to want to let go.
Soon enough though, they were ambling down the ladder and walked side by side through the corridors. Their hands brushed against each other as they walked until it was time to head in their own directions. George softly grabbed Bonnie's hand for a moment, giving it a reassuring pat as they bid each other a casual farewell and parted ways.

Bonnie hardly noticed how she had got back to her bed. She was so overwhelmed with feelings and giddiness at what had transpired tonight, it didn't feel real. It was made even more exciting by the fact no one knew, and it was George and her's little secret.
Soon Bonnie drifted off to sleep with a small smile on her lips.

The next morning Bonnie was the first one to rise for once, being a Sunday everyone took the chance for a sleep in. She found the common room empty and brewed herself a steaming hot tea as she settled on the overstuffed couch directly in front of the fire she had just lit.
She was perfectly content and couldn't help but smile as her mind was filled with one person - George.

A banging on the window snapped her out of her happy daydreams as an owl impatiently rapped its beak on the glass loudly, until Bonnie ran to take the letter from its beak.
It wasn't addressed to anyone in particular but the words on the front were written in the familiar scrawl of George.

Fred, Bonnie, Lee - theres too many to write. You know who you are.

Bonnie stifled a giggle as she read those words. The amount of time it would have taken him to write out that whole sentence, would have been the same and even less words than writing everyone's name.
She unfolded the note.

I'm awake and I'm allowed visitors.
Bring sweets, I'm starving.
-George

Bonnie jumped up and down lightly as she grinned at the words. She already knew this, but still to see it made her dizzy with happiness.

At this moment Fred entered the room, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"What the hell was that little dance all about Peers, you weirdo." He yawned.

Bonnie said nothing as she shoved the note into Fred's hands. His eyes lit up and a smile took over his face, suddenly any tiredness of the morning was forgotten.

"Go get Ange, Hermione and Ginny! I'll get the boys. We've got a less attractive version of me to visit!"