Chapter 51

Bonnie's mind was aflame as her and George reclined on his red bed, their lips exploring each other. George was laying on his back with one arm encircling her waist and another resting in her hair. Bonnie had half her body draped over his, a hand on his cheek and their legs intertwined. It was bliss to kiss George like this, something both have them have been truely craving for months.

They gradually became more handsy and George began to trail his lips down her neck, nipping and sucking at her skin, sending sparks all the way down to her toes. Her mouth fell open and she closed her eyes, purely enjoying this moment that she never thought would happen.

Just as they were both wondering how far to actually take this, they jumped suddenly at a bang at the window at the foot of the bed. Bonnie snapped her head toward the sound and saw a ruffled and struggling owl sliding down the glass and coming to rest on the small ledge outside.
George jumped up to catch the bird before it plummeted to the ground.

"Errol, you bloody menace." He mumbled as he slid open the window and gently took the owl in his arms, petting his head lightly.
Errol was clasping a letter in his beak which he allowed George to grab with a defeated hoot.

"Poor sod." George tutted as he put the owl in a cage next to water, which it began to drink gladly.

Bonnie's attention shifted from the exhausted owl, to George who's face suddenly flushed pink as he unfolded the letter. His eyes moved quickly along the words before shoving the parchment deep into his pocket.

"Is everything ok?" Bonnie questioned.

"Uh- yeah of course. Just um, a cousin! Nothing really." He chuckled nervously, dismissing the conversation with a wave of his hand.
"Shall we go downstairs? They might be wondering where we got to."

"Oh... sure." She rose from the bed, feeling deflated as the moment was evidently over. She smoothed her clothes and hair quickly.

Bonnie felt a little like Errol in that moment. Like they had some momentum going and she had just suddenly slammed into a window, defeated.

Glum, she followed George down the first flight of stairs. She could tell he was thinking hard about something and it made her feel uneasy.
They reached the landing next to Ginny's room when George spun around and grabbed her by the shoulders, making Bonnie jump.

"I like kissing you, a lot. And if it's ok with you I kinda of... well, I kind of want to keep kissing you. I don't mind if the others know or not. That's up to you. I mean, I-If you want to though! I don't want to like, make you feel like you-"

Bonnie's heart leapt as the words tumbled out of his mouth. A grin broke out on her face as she put a finger up to George's lips to stop him talking, before leaning up to kiss him deeply.
George's tense body relaxed into the kiss and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

They broke away a short time later, giggling.
"I want to keep kissing you George, I like it a lot too. And I don't care if the others know or not. All that matters to me is having you close." She whispered.

Bonnie and George were giddy the rest of the evening, taking every chance they could to sneak happy and lustful looks at each other.
Turns out nobody had noticed they were missing and they had come down just as everyone was waking up.

Molly, Bill and Percy had just returned from Diagon Alley, arms laden with bags full of magical supplies and food - curtesy of Bill, who often tried to return home and help is family with expenses now that he had a great job at Gringotts.

"I hope you're all hungry!" Molly was saying excitedly while unpacking bags of vegetables, meat and pastry.

It was actually very difficult to find yourself hungry at the Weasley's house. There was always food cooking, being served, or mountains of leftovers.
Molly's statement however, caught the attention of Ron, who shot upright from the couch and started complaining about how he was fading away to a shadow. Fred subsequently threw a pillow at his face, knocking Ron back down onto the couch with a grunt.

George sat next to Bonnie again at the dinner table, where they played with each other's fingers under the table as they chatted with their friends and George's family.

Once everyone was stuffed from the delicious meal, they again retired back to the couches. Winter never bothered Bonnie so much, as she didn't mind having to stay inside - you could still look at the sky warmly from the right side of a window. However the boys, Angelina and Ginny had taken to complaining loudly about how the snow and sheer chill of the weather was making them bored, they wanted so badly to play a friendly game of quidditch.

"You could read about it instead?" Suggested Hermione, who was met with scoffs and glares from all sides - minus Bonnie who instead giggled and patted her arm gently.

Bored or not, fatigue from the recent late night was setting in rather early and one by one everyone started to turn in. Bonnie was feeling incredibly tired too, but she was in heaven here sharing a big armchair with George and she didn't want to move, neither did he.

Soon it was just the two of them downstairs and Molly bustling around in the kitchen.
George tucked a stray hair behind Bonnie's ear.
"We should probably get going to bed love."

Bonnie groaned and rested her head back against the chair they shared.
"Do we have to? I'm so comfy here next to you." She said as she gripped his hand tighter under the blanket.

George chuckled.
"I know, I am too. But if you come upstairs, I can give you a goodnight kiss?"

With that, Bonnie jumped up and ran to the foot of the stairs where she turned back to beckon on a laughing George.

"My oh my, you weren't kidding when you said you liked kissing me before were you?" He smirked as she grabbed her waist from behind and pushed her up the stairs.

Once at the top, he spun her around and their lips met hurriedly as the heat rose between them and the familiar butterflies took over both of their insides.