Chapter 58

"How are we going to get George out from under her spell?" Fred was pondering as he and Bonnie sat at breakfast bright and early, the Saturday morning after Hermione had decided George was being slipped Love Potion.

Bonnie was deep in thought as she pushed half an egg around her plate with her fork. The group had sat up until the wee hours talking about this. They had retired to bed no closer to a solution, however Bonnie and Fred couldn't sleep. They had met in the common room very early in search of coffee and had decided to wander down to breakfast together.

Fred was rambling, mostly to himself.
"He's being a git. In his current state of mind, he would never listen to reason and wouldn't believe the truth. It's going to be hard to keep him away from tainted food and drink. Could we lock him in the common room under constant surveillance?"

Bonnie sighed and finally answered.
"We can't Fred. We have school! Who knows when she could slip it to him, that's probably what half the secret notes have been about - 'oh Georgie darling come meet me outside your common room and sip this drink if you love me' - and of course he would in the state she's keeping him in. He wouldn't even question it!" Bonnie spat angrily.

They wondered wether it would be worth reporting Emma Vane to a teacher, it would certainly have to be worth an expulsion. But they had no proof.
Just then, Emma strutted into the Great Hall for breakfast, with a glazed over looking George in tow.
Bonnie's and Fred's eyes narrowed at them and before she could stop him, Fred stood and stomped over to the dark haired girl.

He stood in front of her, towering over her menacingly and Emma visibly cowered momentarily, before her face turned to a smug scowl.
"What do you want Weasley." She hissed.

"Hey, step back Fred! I'll not have you coming over here and acting threateningly to her." George piped up, trying to step between Fred and Emma.

Fred grew darker still, not taking his eyes off Emma.
"I wouldn't George. We both know I'm stronger, move."
He stepped slightly closer to Emma, pushing George out of the way easily. The few students up this early were all whispering and staring open mouthed at the altercation unfolding in the middle of the hall.

"You." Fred spat at Emma.
"I know what you're doing to him. Are you that desperate and sad you have to force someone to be your boyfriend?"

Emma's smug scowl slipped slightly as she realised to what he was referring.
"I don't know what you're talking about Weasley. George loves me, there's no forcing it. Is there babe?"

She reached out and touched George's chest seductively, never removing her eyes from Fred's.
Bonnie watched and rage filled her. She hadn't even noticed she had got up and walked over to the confrontation until she was ripping Emma's hand away from George.

"Don't you touch him you disgusting whore." Bonnie snapped.

Both the twins and Emma looked at her, shocked at the outburst and her sudden arrival.

"What did you call me" Emma hissed, stepping toward Bonnie with force, shouldering Fred out of the way. She whipped out her wand and pointed it at Bonnie's face.

"You heard me. You think we don't know what you're doing to him?" She said boldly, ignoring the wand mere inches from her cheek.

"When will you move on Bonnie? He doesn't want you anymore. He wants me and only me. No idea what he saw in you. You're nothing but ugly loser who didn't have friends until this year. Wonder why that is?" She laughed cruelly.

"Get away from her." Fred interjected.

Emma laughed in Bonnie's face, her wand still pointed at her.
"Pathetic. One day the Weasley's will get bored of you and you'll go back to having no one."

"And one day that Love Potion will wear off and George will realise what a sick freak you are." Bonnie hissed.

Emma stopped smiling. Her top lip curled upwards with fury as she muttered an incantation and a force came out of her wand that threw Bonnie back toward the door, where she landed on her back.
The Hall erupted into cries of outrage and Emma realised nobody was on her side. Fred looked at the dark haired girl, shocked and astounded before he ran over the Bonnie.

Bonnie raised herself up tenderly to lay back on her elbows as Fred kneeled down beside her. The two looked open mouth and seething up at Emma, then looked to George for any kind of reaction as to what just happened.
There was none. He was gazing at Emma, dazed with a stupid smile on his face.
Bonnie felt tears spring to her eyes as she realised the George she knew was gone. She watched Emma seize him around the wrist and drag him out of the hall.

"Bonnie! Are you ok? What did she do to you? I didn't hear what spell she used." Fred fussed over her.

Bonnie sat up.
"I'm fine Fred, I just- Ahh!"
Bonnie tried to stand up and crashed back down to the ground painfully.

"Jelly-Legs Jinx." They said together.

Fred shook his head furiously before muttering the counter spell and helping her up.
They didn't speak as they scuffled out of the Great Hall, away from the prying eyes of the onlookers.

Once they were out of the hall Fred spoke.
"I don't think I can go back to the common room right now Bon. I might go for a walk outside."

"Do you want company Freddie?"

He thought for a moment and was about to answer when Angelina, Lee, Hermione, Ron and Harry appeared behind them.
"We will all join you if you don't mind Fred. We heard what happened, word travels fast around here." Angelina said, laying a hand on Fred's shoulder gently.

Hermione nodded and smiled at them kindly.
"Yes, come on you two. I've got a thermos of coffee and I'll grab some muffins for us on the way out. Let's get some fresh air."