Chapter 11

"Dilligrout" Bonnie finally said to the Fat Lady, after a significant amount of pacing and composing herself for what she was going to find in the common room.

As the painting swung open, loud music and laughter hit her ears.
She stepped through the door and looked around at the common room brimming with 5th, 6th and 7th years mingling and dancing.

A few people stopped to look at her, but after realising who she was, they continued on with what they were doing.

She felt a slap on her back that she already knew was going to be Fred.
She turned to face him as he thrust a plastic cup of dark liquid and ice into her hand.

"Drink this. It'll give you liquid courage!"

"Is this.. whiskey?"

"On the rocks" he nodded, a proud smile on his face.

Bonnie looked at the cup, then up at Fred.
She shook her head but laughed.
"Screw it. I need this!" she decided as she took a big sip, ice cubes hitting her top lip.

She swallowed easily, wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and noticed Fred was staring.
"What?"

"You've had whiskey before? I was expecting you to cough and splutter a bit. I'm slightly disappointed, but mostly impressed Peers! Drink up!"

Just then George came bounding over.
"Hey, what are you two over here talking about!"

Fred winked at Bonnie before saying "Nothing of interest brother! Where's your drink?" Noticing his hands were empty.

"Well I was going to take it easy tonight because I was going to go practice Quidditch tomorrow before the try outs. Plus we have the new products to package."

Fred was shaking his head "Don't be daft. Here take mine, I'll go get another"
He shoved his drink into George's hand and left to go get more.

George raised his cup slightly at Bonnie and smiled. "Oh well, looks like I'm drinking then!"

"Looks like it" she agreed and mirrored his movements, raising her cup up to him too in a silent cheers.

An hour goes by that Bonnie spent mostly watching and listening to the people around her slowly becoming more inebriated. She realised about 15 minutes into this party what Fred's plan was.
He planned to get both her and George wasted, therefore letting their guards down, therefore perhaps thinking its a good idea to kiss.

She wasn't sure how she felt about the plan, it was stupid and genius at the same time. However, It didn't seem to be working right now as George was talking to a group of 6th years and Fred was nowhere to be seen.

Suddenly Fred appeared on a table.
"Shall we play truth or dare?!" He shouted at the mass of tipsy teenagers, all who whooped in agreement.

Soon they were sat in one big circle, spread out through the common room on the floor.
"I'll start!" Shouted a 6th year, Bonnie recognises as Cormac McLaggen.

"Hermione! Truth or Dare" he stated, turning to her.
Hermione looked up in shock and slight distaste as well, Cormac was known as being a bit of a sleeze.

"Um... uh truth I suppose" she said uncertainly, eyeing him suspiciously.

McLaggen puffed out his chest and with a smirk asked "Which boy in this room are you most attracted to?"

Hermione gaped at him like a fish. Everyone in the room was silent, looking at her expectantly.

"I uh... I-I don't-" she stuttered, shooting a quick look at Ron. She paused for a split second before lifting her head and announcing
"Obviously it has to be Harry! Because he's the chooosen one! Right? ...right?" She trailed off.
A couple of people laughed. Fred and George clapped loudly shouting "You're damn right Hermione! Look at that hunk of beef!" And wolf whistled. Harry blushed, while Ron looked at his hands, a half hearted smile on his face.

A couple of rounds went by, people were getting rowdy by this stage as it reached the turn of Seamus Finnigan. He cleared his throat.
"George! Truth or dare!?"

Bonnie saw Fred curse silently under his breath. This confirmed her theory that Fred wanted to pick George himself, to dare him to probably make out with her or something terrifying like that. Which scared her, but also excited her.

George responded quickly "Dare!"

Seamus gave him a devious smile and pointed to Katie Bell.
"I dare you to make out with Katie"

Bonnie's face fell and she felt Fred's eyes on her as she watched George laugh and stand up. He reached a hand down to Katie to help her up.
"What do you say madam?" He asked her, bowing.

Katie giggled as she took his hand and stood up. George wasted no time taking her face in his hands and leaned in to kiss her full on the mouth.
She kissed him back for what felt like an eternity while everyone in the circle whistled and whooped as the two made out.

It was like watching a car accident, Bonnie wanted to look away but she just couldn't.

As the two broke their kiss giggling, Fred stood up and announced he was bored and wanted to go back to dancing. A couple of people moaned about not getting a turn, but stood anyway to go back to whatever they were doing before the game started.

Bonnie stood up and numbly stumbled over to the table with the whiskey. She poured herself another drink before turning towards the staircase to go to her room. She wasn't sure why she felt so awful. She must have proper feelings for George, because watching him kiss Katie, broke her heart.