Chapter 19

Later in bed, Bonnie's blood was coursing through her veins. Her mind was abuzz with everything that had transpired tonight. She didn't have to hide anything anymore, George knew it all!
Well, except the fact that she still had a big fat crush on him... But even that was probably obvious.

She wondered briefly if he had felt the spark when they touched too? He had looked at her lips, that's usually a sign someone wants to kiss you. But before she could let herself get her hopes up, she bulldozed it out of her mind. There was no point getting worked up. She had spent the entire first week of her school year dodging George. She wasn't going to do it any longer. He may have friend zoned her, and that's fine, but she'd be damned if she would let something like this ruin a friendship that meant so much to her.

The next day, Divination rolled around once again. This time they were in the dreaded classroom, choked with perfumes strong enough to make your head throb.
Angelina, George and Bonnie sat together, as far from the front as possible. They seated themselves on the lumpy, frilly, cushioned chairs and gazed in dismay at the teapots and cups on each table - everyone knew what this meant.

Trelawney liked to do tea leaf reading at least once a semester. She said it "prepares you for what's coming. If you read it right it's a direct map to know what to do about your life."
The eye rolls were big and widespread, very few people enjoyed the tea leaf reading and the crystal ball gazing.
However George was overjoyed that they would spend the lesson have a cup of tea and a chat.

"Isn't this brilliant" He whispered ecstatically. "This is exactly why I joined this class! No other class we get to sit back on our arses and have a spot of tea. Who's got the bicky's?"

By this stage Trelawney had instructed them to drink their tea quickly without moving the cup more than absolutely necessary to keep the result exact. You could only start rotating the cup when there was a mouthful of liquid left. She had been droning on about what to look for and how to read it, as if they hadn't had this exact class a million times before.

"Bonnie I swear, if ours comes up with any of that 'soulmate' horse manure, I'll throw my cup at Trelawney's head!"

Angelina whacked him across his chest with the back of her hand. "Don't be a twat to her, this is why she didn't tell you, because of your twatiness."

"Jeez alright Ange, just trying to make a joke! We gotta joke about it right? Or it'll be weird again." He winced rubbing his chest.

"No he's right Angelina. We have to laugh at it or it'll ruin us!" Bonnie smiled. "And with that, George hand me your cup, Ange you take mine and you give yours to Georgie."

Angelina scoffed. "Does HE have to read mine?! He won't do it right!" She complained.

"Angelina I'm shocked and appalled at your lack of belief in me." George gasped, grabbing her empty cup from in front of her and clutching it to his chest.

She glared at him, but let it happen.
They all spent the next minute staring into each other's cups and trying to decipher what, if any, shapes were in the tea at the bottom.
Bonnie thought it just looked like haphazard, soggy dirt.
Begrudgingly she looked closer. George's leaves look like he's got an hourglass in his, with a tiny angel at the top.

"What do you guys see?" Bonnie asked the table.
"I see apples in Ange's" George announced.
"And I see I think... A necklace?" Angelina said, still squinting at the cup.

George started. "Angelina, I see apples so the book tells me that means-" he flicked through the little book full of symbols and their meaning. "Ah yes, it means a long life! And success in business and school. Wow Ange that's amazing. And also really bloody boring."
Angelina rolled her eyes at him and looked down at her cup. She opened her book to interpret Bonnie's symbols.

"Bonnie I saw a necklace and it says here that a necklace means-" she stopped and covered her mouth with a little giggle.

"What! Oh my gosh what is it Angelina? Is it bad?" Bonnie leant forward to try and glimpse what she was looking at.

"It's not bad!" She grinned. "A necklace means that you have admirers, Someone who hasn't expressed their feelings for you yet."

Bonnie felt a redness in her ears and forced a laugh. "What a load of rubbish!"
George didn't say a word, just busied himself thumbing through the book.

"So much for laughing about it so it's not awkward guys." Angelina snickered.

"Oh shut your trap." George mumbled.

Bonnie cleared her throat, keen to move on.
"George! Yours looks like it has two symbols so I'll interpret them separately. The first one is an angel up the top. An angel means that you've got good news in love related matters coming..." she trailed off.
"But we saw that one coming right?" She joked before moving on quickly.
"There's also an hourglass, much bigger than the angel. And hmm let's see... the hourglass means..."
She stopped. She looked at the cup again, making sure it was an hourglass she did indeed see.

George frowned. "What Bonnie! You can't just stop like that, makes me think I'm going to die or something!"

"Not die George..." she said to his face that then frowned deeper.
"No, an hourglass means... imminent danger."