Chapter 73

The twins were being boisterous as Bonnie shuffled through the portrait and raised her immediately so she was sitting on one of both of their shoulders. They paraded her around the common room noisily - much to the annoyance of the students trying to cram for exams.

Once they dropped her onto the couch, Bonnie demanded an answer.
"Now will you tell me what the shoes do?!"

Fred and George had refused to tell her what the meaning of the stupid shoes were, which Bonnie thought was completely unfair as she was the one having to do the deed.

They both leaned in and began talking so no one could hear them.
"Basically, when we let off the crate of Wildfire Whizz Bangs, we've enchanted the shoes to go off too." Fred began.

Bonnie looked at him in shock.
"You're going to blow her up!?"

Bonnie's mind was racing. Had she just assisted in a murder?

"No!" They said together.

She relaxed slightly with relief.

"What the shoes will do is sprout wheels from underneath, while a small but powerful firework will come from the back of each shoe. It will go off, propelling her along the floor in an unpredictable manner. It will stop and start, so that just when she thinks it's all over, she will fly off again!"
Fred was laughing extremely hard at this point.

Bonnie had to admit she couldn't keep the laughter at bay, her mind was filled with the image of the plump, pink woman zipping around the great hall full of students completing an exam, screaming her head off, hands in the air flailing wildly while Filch chases after her, desperately trying to catch the whizzing woman.

"All the while, our enchanted fireworks will be whizzing around and popping all over the place. Every time her shoes stop, no doubt she will try to get rid of both the shoes, and the other fireworks." Fred said.

"Every time she tries to put out the fireworks or take off the shoes, they'll multiply and explode quicker, bigger and brighter. It's going to be magnificent."
George finished, leaning back into the couch with a content smile on his face as he pictured the chaos.

Bonnie shook her head, incredulous.
"You two are scary genius's."

"It's brilliant, we know." They said together.

"Then you'll go flying off on your brooms into the sunset, never to be seen by Hogwarts again..." She trailed off, deep in thought about how miserable the rest of the year was going to be without them.

Fred flashed George a meaningful look as he gathered up any plans he had in front of him and shuffled off up the stairs.

George put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into his chest.
"Bon, I don't want to leave you, I hope you know that." He said gently.

Bonnie nodded against his chest glumly.
"I know Georgie, I'm excited for you to leave this place in a way I know will live on for centuries. I'm just going to miss you is all."

"And I will miss you even more! But I'm going to meet you in Hogsmeade every weekend, I promise."

"You'll be so busy with the shop though! So much to do. I wish I could be there to help." Bonnie rose to face her boyfriend as she spoke.

"We will manage, love."
He hooked a finger under her chin and lifted her lips to meet his briefly.
"This will be the best prank Hogwarts has ever, and will ever see. And look at you, you're part of it! I love that you're part of it. Plus, it won't be long at all until you can come visit us at the shop, or even help out by working with us!"