Chapter 7

Professor Trelawney had been droning on in her sing song voice for nearly 10 minutes before Bonnie had the courage to look at George.
Her eyes quickly flicked over to the book that was open on his lap. She was surprised, but not shocked that the page displayed half designed advertisements for his and Fred's 'Weasley's Wizard Wheezers' instead of constellations.

She then felt brave enough to steal a glance at his face as well, only to find him looking intently at her. This made her jump slightly.
George chuckled at that and whispered "Don't mean to stare, just making sure your nose is still the right shape"

Bonnie scoffed and jabbed her elbow into his ribs, before swiftly moving to cover her nose with her hands.
"Since when do you even have any interest in this class anyway, Weasley?" She hissed.

"Since I'm no good at school and figured getting to drink tea all day and make up twatty fairy tales about what you see in a glass ball sounds like an easy pass?"

Bonnie rolled her eyes. "You know it's not that simple right? Do you even know what a constellation is?"

George moved closer to her face. "Of course I do Bonnie. People give others consolation when they have experienced a loss. Gosh, I'm not thick!"

Bonnie suppressed her laugh. She wasn't sure if that was a joke or not.

15 minutes later, Trelawney had asked them to begin their personal star charts.
Bonnie pulled out her natal chart and began plotting. She was doing particularly well and finished rather quickly, especially considering George kept tapping her on the shoulder and asking where the planets are.

Bonnie ended up doing most of his for him. This meant most of the lesson was spent with George peering over her shoulder. The hairs on the back of her neck had never stood so straight thanks to the involuntary tingles he gave her.

"You're a legend Bon. Who would have thought consolation and constellation were two different words? Perhaps I shouldn't have taken this class... but lucky I have you here!"

Before she could respond, Trelawney trotted over to where they were sitting and picked up both of their charts. She looked at them for a moment. At Bonnie's, then at George's and back and forth, until they were sure her glasses were going to rattle right off her head.

The professor peered at them both over their work she was still holding.
"And you two... know each other well?" She asked in an airy tone.

George and Bonnie looked at each other and then back at Trelawney.
"We haven't exactly made each other friendship bracelets Professor, but we've been in the same house since first year, that must count for something!" George told her.

She placed the papers back in front of the students with a small smile.
"Well don't be very surprised if the uh... friendship bracelets - as you say - come sooner than you think."

With another peek at the two of them, Trelawney fluttered off to the next student to check their work.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" George asked Bonnie. He watched the professor as she walked away, his mouth slightly agape in confusion. "Do you think she wants a bracelet too?"

Without answering, Bonnie furrowed her brow and picked up their charts, placing them side by side. She looked at both together for the first time, George ever present over her shoulder, his warm breath giving her goosebumps.

Her eyes widened at what she saw. Could this be? Did she make a mistake while helping George?

"What's the matter?" He said over her shoulder, making her shiver slightly as his breath grazed her neck.

"I... uh... nothing. It's nothing George, just thought I made an error, that's all"

"I'm not very good at this Bonnie but some of our planets look terribly similar in their positions. Is that right? Did you forget you were doing mine instead of yours?"

Angelina who was evidently eavesdropping, scoots quickly over to where they were sitting and snatches up their two charts. Her mouth opens slightly as her eyes dart between the two papers.
She looks at George. "Georgie you really know nothing about astrology do you."

"Well jeez, do I look like Trelawney to you Ange?" George says as he pretends to look through his hands he shaped as glasses.

Angelina punches him in the arm.
"Ow what was that for!" he rubs his arm gingerly.

"You're an idiot! Your chart shows..."
She glances at Bonnie who is shaking her head just out of sight of George, silently begging her not to say what the charts mean.
"You chart shows there's big love... soulmate love in your very near future mate. Could be closer than you think. Can't imagine why though, you're a bit of a git." She winks at Bonnie and scoots back to her spot.

Bonnie is screaming inside when George turns to look at her.
How is she meant to sit right here next to this boy when he finds out that their charts fit together perfectly?
Because Angelina was right - it showed soulmates.