elysium - chapter 7 part 1

One week later

The night was young and Astrid felt like escaping. She found herself being pulled to Marcel's loft, taking a break from the extensive search across the Quarter for a witch who was willing to help her find her sister. Tensions had been running high in the Mikaelson household with both Klaus and Elijah looking over her like she was a lost porcelain toy that could break at any moment.

Flashback.
A week ago.

'He has her. I'm going to the cemetery, Nik.' She explained to her husband after he noticed she had changed out of her dinner clothes. 'Not now, Astrid.'

She looked up from her leather jacket with a scowl, 'Not now? Not fucking now? Your sociopath of a brother has my very mortal sister held captive and you're telling me not now?'

Elijah walked passed their bedroom and listened in as the lovers stared at each other for a moment. 'Astrid, I understand but we need to think with a level head before we jump head first into things.' Klaus tried to calm her down but she was having none of it.

'Finn's right. I've been so wrapped up in this house and you and running the city that my own sister has been abducted by zealots after returning from the dead 1000 years after she was murdered by your father.'

'Niklaus is right, you aren't thinking straight.'

Elijah took the opportunity to step into the room at the mention of Mikael and Astrid turned to him.

'Of course! Yet again I'm the Mikaelson with anger issues! Piss off the both of you.' She pushed past them and Klaus asked where she was going.

'To get a drink, arsehole!'

Flashback over.
Marcel's loft.

'Astrid. What do I owe the pleasure?'

Marcel was clearly playing host as he approached her in a grey T-shirt and jeans, meaning his typical attire. 'A little birdie told me a party was being thrown without me.' She smiled as Marcel handed her a bottle of Koppaberg cider, remembering her favourite flavour.

'Just like you to not wanna miss out on the fun.' He followed her eye sight and looked around at his newly formed army with a proud glint in his eye. 'You haven't actually met the new crew, have you?'

'No' Astrid looked thoughtfully at the assortment of individuals before her before spotting a newly turned vampire and recognising her, 'I just found someone I want to meet though.' Marcel spotted her to and smiled, 'That is Gia. I assume you recognise her because of a certain Mikaelson brother.'

Astrid smirked at her old friend, 'You've got no idea.. speak soon.' She broke away from him and made her way over to the raven haired girl by the pool table, 'Hello, love.'

Meanwhile at Lycèe.

'She caught on straight away, didn't she?' Rosaline sat in the greenhouse in her eldest daughter's body, discussing her youngest daughter with Finn Mikaelson. 'Of course she did, Rosaline. You raised her, she's bound to have a cunning wit.'

Rosaline smiled strangely and walked over to him, taking his cheek in her hand maternally.

'You know.. perhaps if my daughter had married you instead; things might have turned out differently.'

Marcel's loft.

Gia looked instantly nervous but relaxed when she saw Astrid's smile. 'How do you know who I am?' She questioned the hybrid, crossing her arms over her chest. 'Elijah isn't as secretive as one might assume.' She put her hand out in front of her, 'Astrid Mikaelson, pleasure'