what an ugly family reunion - chapter 18

'Today, a new future awaits. Forget your animosity toward Elijah, Astrid and I. Instead, join us against she who truly deserves your ire-- our mother.'

Nik was trying to play humble host much to the annoyance of the suited brother and the hybrid wife. 'Do this, and we will welcome you with open arms!' Klaus smiled and Astrid and Deryn looked at each other, the elder sister checking on the younger one. 'I had in mind a sharp blade more then open arms but I guess revenge isn't on the cards' Astrid mumbled under her breath and Elijah overheard it, both him and Deryn sniggered.

'Well-' Kol reached for a pastry with shackled hands but Astrid grabbed the plate before he could take one, 'Would you like one, sister?' She smiled at Deryn and the wolf took one graciously, attempting to have the same demeanour as the immortals at the table and surprisingly succeeding, 'Why I would love one Astrid, thank you.'

Deryn never had time to play part of the royal family considering her untimely death. Kol watched her as she took a bite out of the sweet delicacy and Deryn made eye contact with him as she did so, smiling innocently which annoyed him greatly. 'But, if you continue to oppose us, a denial of pastries will be the least of your concerns.' Klaus rallied his wife back to his side with a sly comment and a smile.

'If all you wanted was my allegiance against Mother Dearest, you should have said so! Save me a night shackled to the wall.' Kol arrived playing the nice card and Astrid smiled sarcastically, 'I personally think you deserved a night of chains dearest brother in law. Let me list of the reasons as to why you deserve it. Lets see' she began counting on her hands, 'One, you've taken over the body of a bloke that I happen to quite like and who happens to be one out of three witches in this entire city that trust me. Two, you've taken quite a liking to my adoptive daughter who I don't see much of anymore because of you and your wryly little run ins. And three, you helped my satanic mother body jump into my darling sister.' Astrid's face had dropped by the end of that sentence and Deryn smirked in amusement of her sister's hotheaded temper.

'Ah yes' Finn began, 'Where is Rosaline by the way?'

'Dead' Elijah spoke from next to Deryn as Klaus looked at Astrid from one head of the table to the other. His brother and wife's temper wasn't helping his plan and Elijah ruined his plan further as he pointed to the table of food. 'This was Niklaus. My recommendation was to remove your limbs, one by one, until you comply.'

Klaus stood up when he saw Finn grow angry at the news of Rosaline's demise,  'We've--we've no desire to torture you.'

'Provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers.' Klaus carried on and Astrid sniggered, 'I'm surprised Finn can stand at all after 900 years in a box'

Elijah facepalmed and burst out laughing as Finn shrugged out of the grip Klaus had on his shoulder, 'Brothers... Does that word even apply to us? After all these centuries of betrayal? And, has loyalty to you ever rewarded? If so, tell me, Niklaus-- where is our sister, Rebekah?'

The tone of the meal changed entirely. Elijah and Astrid eyed Finn with a blind rage. 'She was blindly loyal to you for a thousand years, and now? Nowhere to be found. I mean I guess it's to be expected considering you left your wife of a millennia in a burning building.' Finn carried on and Klaus was clearly bothered by the comment about Astrid and no one saw but her. The two made eye contact and held it as Finn finished his rant, 'Where did our sister go? And, how did she escape your vile machinations?'

'Heh! You think me vile? What, then, do you make of the one who cursed us?' Klaus diverted the conversation and Deryn looked at her sister and spoke lowly, 'Control, sister.'

'She was trying to make you mortal again!' Finn's voice grew and Astrid spoke up, 'Yes I'm aware of that, Finn!' Elijah grabbed a knife as Finn carried on, 'And, you all refused her. It only proves how far you've fallen. But, I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the three of you, she always did cling to her humanity.'