the original hybrid - chapter 49

'You know why I'm mad, right?'

Dahlia left the room and begun to conduct more spells to find the tribrid child as Astrid stood over Freya. The witch saw something click in the hybrid when Dahlia gave her permission, something entirely depraved and inhumane had enlarged in her pupils as the smile crept onto her face. She nodded scared and Astrid nodded too, 'Good. I like people to know why they're getting torn apart.'

'A-Astrid. You don't have to act! She's gone!' Freya tried pleading but she wasn't sure what the hybrid was doing. 'Oh darling.' She crouched to her level on the floor. Pulling a blade out of her boot, she pointed toward the door. The blade reflected as she spoke, 'Being angry out there was a choice of opportunity to take out the wicked witch.'

The blade pointed back in Freya's face, 'Being angry at you in here... well sweetheart.. that's a choice of will.'

Freya screamed as Astrid's grip on the burgundy handle got tighter and the blade plunged into her shin.

Meanwhile outside, Klaus and Elijah were still throwing each other about and the younger brother grabbed the elder in a chokehold, 'She will take' Elijah had to take a deep breath, Nik's grip getting tighter, 'everything from us.'

'You took everything when you broke our vow! Perhaps I'll take something from you.' Nik chuckled as he twisted his brothers arm and broke it, pressing his face up against the railing as Gia walked into the Compound.

Just as she did so, Freya attempted to run from Astrid but she was too slow due to the knife wound. The hybrid grabbed her by the shoulders and was about to carry on until she smelt Gia's perfume again and frowned. 'Astrid please!' Freya begged and she rolled her eyes, 'Shut up.'

Unleashing her fangs, she ripped into Freya's neck to knock the witch out until she could return. The witch screamed even louder as she fell to the floor and she heard Nik shout.

'Gia, be a sweetheart and take off your daylight ring?'

Astrid vamped outside and grabbed Gia's hands, 'Look at me, Gia.' The vampire was young, she didn't have the strength that Marcel had to even attempt to resist it. 'Astrid, I can't stop.' She grabbed the vampire's face in her hands and began to compel her, 'Gia. Go back to Marcel's. Keep your daylight ring on. You don't have to listen to him.'

Gia nodded slowly and Nik looked dismayed. 'Go home, Gia.' Astrid nodded and the vampire ran back out of the Compound. She turned around to her husband with her fangs bared, 'You lied to me.' She growled and he cheered sarcastically, 'Well done, Astrid! Wait until you see what I've got in store for Hayley.'

Elijah jumped up at those words and punched Klaus straight in the jaw. The hybrid stumbled back, 'Is that a hint of the fabled beast behind the red door? Come on, brother-- let him out to play.'

Astrid followed the men as they fought and awaited her moment. Nik was winning, 'You should know better than to fight me in anger, for my anger is unending.' A gap came in between the brothers that was big enough that Astrid could jump through. 'So is mine!' She bellowed and jumped up to the balcony from the ground level and Elijah jumped back shocked as she faced Klaus.

'Astrid, move!' Elijah tried getting her out of the way but she snapped his neck and Nik's jaw dropped. 'Come on, love. You wanna fight? Lets go.' Astrid turned back to her husband and he shook his head, 'We haven't fought in 500 years Astrid. I'm not touching you.'

'You lied to me.' She hit his chest, 'I handed myself over to you.' Another hit, 'And.' Another hit, 'You.' Another hit, 'betray me anyway!'

Nik finally hit her back and that was her signal. She laughed as she threw him across the balcony shouting, 'You reckon you're the original hybrid?!' His back hit the wall - she vamped up to him and put an arm to his throat. Astrid came close, her hot breath fanned his lips and she smiled as he watched hers.