plateau - chapter 30 part 2

It was working. As the power Kol and Rebekah were creating grew larger and larger, the two witches screamed as Finn did, the elder brother had fallen to his knees in the Safehouse. The power that had created broke through the barrier and straight into the original parents, disintegrating Finn from the inside. When the spell finished, Kol stumbled backward and onto the floor.

Rebekah rushed to his aid, pulling him to his feet and wrapping him in a tight hug that Astrid would've loved to see. 'You're a genius! You glorious bastard!' Kol's chest was tightening as if rope was wrapped around his heart as he spoke to his sister, 'Well, I'm a little surprised it worked, myself.' A coughing fit invaded him again and pushed Rebekah away.

'Kol? Listen. I am not going to let you die. You hear me? Whatever it takes.'

...

'Tell me it worked.'

The two hybrids awoke from the channelling spell and Nik asked what the two were thinking, letting out some secret nervousness. 'Of course it did, it's them.' Astrid smiled as she spoke and Kol laughed at her as he pulled her to her feet, 'We did our bit. I promise, Finn is back to being a normal, regular-strength maniacal bastard.'

Astrid noticed a glint in Klaus's eye as he proudly placed a hand on his brother's shoulder, 'I know in the last millennium, we haven't always seen eye-to-eye. But, in this moment, I am reminded once again of something Elijah has always said. Family is power.'

'Thank you. Seriously.' Astrid smiled and Kol looked between the two, absolutely chuffed, 'You're welcome.'

'Speaking of Elijah...' Rebekah crossed her arms, worried about her brothers safety and Astrid reassured her, 'He will prevail. Of that, I have no doubt.'

Mikaelson Safehouse.

'Look at you, brother. You're a mess. And, as we both know, untidiness is your undoing. Tell me, do your soiled clothes serve as a reminder of your filthy memories? Your many sins? Are you having bad memories now, brother? Perhaps of the innocent Tatia? Or any one of the other poor souls who met their fate at your hands? It's a shame, really, because, in a way, the child is just another one of your victims. Had you the will to stand against me, you might've saved her. But, because she was left under the protection of a wretch, a beast that basks in the blood of others, she. will. die. I suppose your little niece never really had a chance.'

The house was entirely wrecked. Finn and Elijah had battled it out, walls were crumbled and chairs were thrown. The vampire sat on his knees, composing himself as blood dripped off his fingers and trying to shut out darker times as Finn rambled on behind him. Elijah was shaken, but he had a plan.

The Noble Brother always did.

'I'd ask for a response, but I wouldn't want to taint myself with the vulgar refuge that must, even now, be flashing through your mind.' Finn was entirely and blindly confident. He had lost his temper when he realised Cami and Hope were indeed nowhere near the house but coming back from the farmer's market. The human was content, humming along to music until the car shut off.

'Let me assure you, my mind is quite clear. Much like the gas that has pervaded every single room in this home whilst you've been rambling like the lunatic that you are. You have disgraced this family for the last time.' Elijah turned around, standing up and smiling at Finn before taking his daylight ring off. As his hand burst into flames, he spoke.

'Goodbye, brother.'

Cami jumped in her car as the house exploded, 'Oh my god!' Debris came flying down and smoke reached out to the sky and as she processed what happened, the car started up again. The brave bartender turned around to see the young tribrid still perfectly calm in her seat and the blonde contemplated how powerful baby Mikaelson really was.

The Bayou.

'Jack!' Astrid came running through the trees first upon hearing what happened with the Alpha's. 'Are you okay?' She reached him and practically jumped into his arms. Jackson smiled and fell back slightly and Aiden felt grateful for the refreshment.

'Hayley told me what happened.' Astrid stated as she started maternally checking the two men over for wounds and Aiden swatted her hand away, 'We're fine, Astrid.' He laughed and she straightened up, crossing her arms with a frown.

'Well next time I hear that two people who I've literally seen grow up get attacked by spelled and hungry vampires I'll make sure to let the blood flow. And plus for the love of Baron Samedi, Jack it's your wedding day.' She looked him up and down and teased his usual plaid attire and denim jacket.

Aiden wrapped an arm around her as he spoke, 'All those Alphas... dead. That's a lot of wolves that are gonna want revenge.' Astrid's protective streak came out, 'We make it clear the witches were behind this. The vampires were manipulated by dark magic. This... wasn't their fault.' Even after she left Marcel's side, the vampires had been her people for a century. She heard rustling in the forest and recognised it immediately, 'And I'd like to apologise for what's about to happen next.'

Astrid's husband came out into the clearing with a bag dripping in blood, 'Gentlemen. I come bearing gifts.' Klaus was smiling ear to ear and Astrid recalled the conversation they had in the car before hand about how what he had done wasn't exactly a 'nice thing' to do nor was it a 'favour' but Nik couldn't be persuaded.

'The hell did you do?' Jackson looked between the two and Astrid looked down at her feet, grimacing as she spoke, 'He removed the heads of the wolf leaders who refused to relinquish Finn's moonlight rings.' As Astrid looked back up, Klaus was already looking at her smirking and she couldn't help but find the situation the tiniest bit funny.

The look on Jack and Aiden's face made it harder not to laugh.

'You brought me a bag of werewolf heads?' Jack's neck stuck out as he rose an eyebrow and Nik dropped the bag in front of him, 'Well, I'd hoped you'd see it as an early wedding present! Besides, I can't have witch sympathizers in my army.'

'The wolves are not now, nor ever will be your army.'

'Woah woah woah.' Astrid moved in between the two men, recognising how dark Jack's tone became, 'There's no need, Jack. Step back.'

'You know, you are a brave and selfless leader, Jackson. And I'm positive you'll remain so for the entire duration of your reign. Festivities begin at eight at my compound. Spread the word. And, do arrive early enough to clean yourself up. It's your wedding day, for God's sake!' Klaus smiled and walked off, completely unfazed.

'Am I crazy, or did he just do his version of a nice thing?' Jack turned around to Aiden before looking back at Astrid who was laughing, 'His version, yes.'

'Why are you with him again?' Aiden asked Astrid and she shrugged as Nik called out from the forest, 'Astrid!?'

'Confusing man for a confusing woman I guess.'

And as Astrid walked back through the Bayou, joining her husband's side once again - she had no idea about the current state of Finn Mikaelson. She was oblivious to the fact that he was currently in an Arkansas morgue with her long lost sister in law standing over him, clutching a blue pendant and restoring life to his badly burnt body.

She was also clueless to the fact that Kol had refrained from manipulating Davina into creating a dagger for both Astrid and Niklaus but had instead turned his attention solely to his brother. The two stood in the Claire tomb of Lafayette Cemetery, clutching a silver dagger and turning it gold with an incantation under their breath.

Unaware of the Astrid that may escape if they ever attempted to use it.