2009 - chapter 15

'Hey! First rounds on me!'

The crowd cheered as Astrid and Marcel finally arrived at Rosseau's bar, the hybrid made a typically loud entrance and Thierry ran up to them. 'Marcel!' He shouted over the loud noise of Nick Waterhouse's 'I Can Only Give You Everything.' and he was clearly drunk. Marcel greeted his friend and lost himself in the flood of vampires. Thierry wrapped an arm around Astrid and kissed the side of her head, 'Hello gorgeous.' He slurred in her ear and Astrid giggled, 'Mr. Vanchure, always a pleasure.' Astrid didn't need to push through the drunken vampires, they made a path for her and Sophie Deveraux smiled at her as she made drinks. 'I hope you don't mind, love.' Astrid smirked and climbed onto the bar ignoring Sophie whining, 'I just cleaned that you bitch!'

'Ladies.. Gentleman and freaks of nature, May I have your attention please?!' Astrid winked at Sophie when the bartender handed her a bottle of rum called 'Dead Mans Fingers.'

'Freaks?!' Felicia called out and Astrid pointed a finger at her as colourful language spewed out of her mouth, 'You're the freakiest of us all, Felicia shut the fuck up!' And the crowd started laughing when Astrid blew a kiss in her direction and she caught it.

'We're gathered here today to celebrate one of the most eccentric men I have ever met, Thierry Vanchure.' She cheered her bottle in his direction and he mimicked her actions with a grin. 'You are the most loyal and thoughtful man out of all of us sorry lot and I've never seen a man who can party like you!' The crowd hurrah'd in response and due to the lack of humans in the bar, Astrid finished her speech.

'Can we all please wish my best friend a happy 97th birthday?!'

The vampires went wild and all manner of drink flew around the room as Thierry walked up to the bar and smiled up at her. He held his hand up and she took it as she hopped down from the table and he kissed her knuckles lightly, 'Thank you darlin' he grinned and the party began.

Present Day.
The Mikaelson Compound.

'You cannot sit there and tell me that man didn't have feelings for you.' Klaus was secretly happy as his wife told this story because it was clear she had begun to heal and their last conversation about Mr. Vanchure went a lot different. Astrid giggled as she traced circles on his chest, 'He did, I never told anybody. But he did.'

'I bloody knew it!' Nik exclaimed and threw a hand in the air making Astrid laugh louder. The two were thankful for a peaceful night and Elijah was safely down the hall. Silence fell before Astrid finally admitted the truth, 'I kinda rejected him that day. It's why Esther had it be my dream.'

Flashback.
2009.

'Such a night' by Dr. John played as Thierry spun Astrid around. Being a hybrid, her alcohol tolerance was high but her mind was still cloudy as she swung around and her and Thierry were getting closer. She had thought about being with Thierry before, not because she wanted too but she simply wondered what it would be like because of the amount of times that people made comments about them.

To the people who didn't know about Niklaus, Thierry and Astrid would've been the perfect pairing, the wild party girl and the music man but no matter how many times she denied it Niklaus Mikaelson still had her heart.

There was no escaping it. With every song that played, she found a way to link it back to him. Every piece of art she ever created linked back to him, wether it was the tree they first kissed under or the cafe that he used to take her too in France. Suddenly the room began to get smaller as Thierry neared closer. She took a step back and he noticed, 'You alright?'.

'I'm gonna get some air.' She smiled at him and pushed through her drunk bredrin and walked outside. Undoing a button on her snakeskin shirt, she backed up against a brick wall and slid down it with a hand clasped over her mouth. At that point, she didn't care that she was down a suspiciously dark alleyway where anyone could jump her at any given time, she missed her husband.