go for it! - chapter 35

Astrid sat cross legged on her bed with pages of grimoires spread out in front of her, using whatever she could to help Rebekah. You see, she kept herself to the vampires in the first 30 years after the Mikaelsons ran but after a rather bitter argument with her son - she decided that she wasn't to be controlled.

It was as if she had remembered who she was.

The witches of the French Quarter got the shock of their lives when Astrid even so much as smiled at them in the street but they eventually got used to it. After a while, they even began to involve her in their spells wether it was for channelling or collection of ingredients. She had gained their trust until Marcel's rules came into play after the Harvest Ritual. There was nothing she could do after that, she was guilty by association.

'What are you doing?'

Nik stood in the doorway, looking mildly interested as Doris Day sung 'Que Sera Sera.. whatever will be will be!' on the record player and Astrid looked up from her studying with a smile, 'Well I've never been able to practice magic myself but that doesn't mean I can't help my sister in law in anyway I can.'

'Trust my wife to have a knack for witchcraft.' He smirked and she giggled, feeling content. The two held eye contact for a moment, chemistry radiating until Astrid spoke again, 'I spoke to Elijah.'

'Ah, let me guess.' He held his hand up and turned away sarcastically before making a "ah I've got it!" motion with his hand, 'Still pouting like a child across the river?'

'No actually.' Astrid began, looking down at her papers again and smirking - knowing what Klaus's reaction was going to be, 'He seems plenty comfortable in the care of Marcel's new baby vamp informant.' Nik already looked interested, his eyebrow was raised and his jaw sat slightly open but he was frowning, having not paid much attention to his adoptive sons' clientele.

'Gia.'

'No bloody way!' His jaw dropped entirely and Astrid laughed at him. At this, Nik chuckled and clapped his hands twice, 'Good to see the miserable bastard is going after something he wants for once.'

'I told him to go for it.' She smiled and flipped another page in the grimoire, finding a note about selenite and bay leaves before writing it down. 'Well that's good.' Klaus walked into the room properly, changing the subject.

'Those wolves are taking their time.' He spoke and Astrid could sense the hesitance in his voice. He was wondering if she would still keep the same attitude about Jackson that she did earlier. 'To be truthful, I wouldn't be surprised if the wolves were having a hard time. We can just about face Finn, let alone a bunch of mortals.' She was honest and he sat down on the bed.

'I was thinking we could check Lafayette out ourselves?' He looked at her, awaiting an answer to his proposition. 'I was thinking about what you said the other night. And about how I'm angry because I didn't get the chance to send Finn to meet his maker myself.' His eyes darted around the room as he spoke, still attempting to break that barrier that always forced him toward anger before looking back at her, 'You were right.'

Astrid smiled to herself, noticing his efforts and standing up. 'What are you doing?' He asked as she walked over to the window and looked outside. She didn't answer for a moment until she turned back to him, 'Lovely weather to go brutalise an in law. I'm in.'

Nik joined her side before kissing her, both arms wrapped tightly around her waist and she loved every second of it until he broke away, smiling ear to ear.

'What would I do without you, ay?'

Marcel's Loft.

'Oh, nothing says manly like buying a matching tea set.'