the schneider tactic - chapter 48

Astrid was stuck still, her hands were rolled up in fists as she looked her husband up and down - a sudden influx of rage coursing through her as if she'd just fed. 'Astrid, move.' Nik asked but he still looked like he was in a fighting stance, he was still hunched over.

'No.' Astrid crossed her arms, 'You've gone insane'

'Why do you always make things difficult for me?' He asked and she smiled, 'Hmm... happy wife happy life I guess.' Dahlia had prepared Klaus just in case Astrid became a problem. He went to pull a pouch of powder out of his pocket. She clocked on straight away and went to grab his wrist to stop him from using it but it got knocked out of his hand and blew into her face. Astrid's eyes rolled back as she fell to the floor and he caught her in his arms, kissing her forehead lightly before laying her on the ground and paying attention to Marcellus.

'Listen, before you get angry-' Marcel held his hands up in surrender but the men resumed the position they were in before with the vampire gasping for air and Klaus growled, 'I'm well past angry, Marcellus-- I'm mad with rage. But, today is your lucky day, because I'm not gonna kill you. No. I need something from you, so instead, I'm gonna take solace in the anticipation of ripping it out of you.'

'She's not gonna be happy with you when she wakes up.' Marcel gestured toward his sleeping wife and Nik looked between the two before rolling his eyes and snapping his neck. Marcel rolled onto the floor next to his mother and Nik grumbled, 'My wife is none of your concern.'

The hybrid looked up to see Dahlia come into the room and lean against the door frame, curious to see her nephew's tactics.

Mikaelson Compound.

'Now, you're certain this will work?' Elijah was watching over his two witch sisters and Rebekah was more then overwhelmed, 'Let's not toss around words like "certain."'

'Nonsense! You grow more adept with magic each day, and this spell is flawless. Though, I might have preferred Elijah ask my permission before volunteering me as the bait.' Freya smiled at her sister before scowling at her brother who only looked amused, 'Yes, I'm not in the habit of asking permission.'

'No matter. We have all that we need. Rebekah will perform the spell, using my heartbeat and the golem to craft the illusion of Hope's presence. Once Dahlia is lured into the killing ground, you will do what is necessary.'

Marcel's Loft.

'Wakey, wakey.'

Klaus sung in Marcel's ear. The ringing in Astrid's head was piercing, she kept her eyes closed as she came round and felt Gia's presence next to her on the sofa - the hybrid could smell her perfume.

'I was getting bored, but then some of your associates popped by to keep me entertained.' Nik smiled when he saw Marcel look hazily panicked at the sight of the two women on the sofa. He had strung his son upside down and ropes had tied his hands. Because of his position, his t shirt exposed his abdomen and the blood was already pouring, he was being bled of vervain.

Astrid could smell that too.

'Keep them out of it!' Marcel writhed around as Astrid faked her slumber, knowing damn well Dahlia was in the room. 'Easy, easy! You've suffered a substantial amount of blood loss! I had to excise the vervain from your system-- I can't have you impervious to my compulsion, now, can I? And also Marcellus while I have you..' he ran a blade down Marcel's ribs and he cried out, 'My wife is no longer for your cause. She is on our side now.'

'She's never gonna forgive you for this' Marcel's teeth were gritted and tears brewed from the pain. Nik was acting sadistic, 'Yes well, that's the thing about marriage. In sickness and in health and all that. Truth is she's been on my side all along, she just never liked my temper when it was directed toward our family.'