they called for you - chapter 36

Astrid and Rebakah were the definition of "girls supporting girls." They would've done anything for each other, even maim and torture but it was slowly becoming clear that Rebekah had gotten herself into a mess that Astrid wasn't sure if she could aid her in.

Flashback.

The night that Nik spent wrapped up in his wife was also the night that Rebekah had opted to stay at Marcel's yet she slept alone, unlike her brothers. She was having a nightmare, flashes of blood and gore but few visions were clear. The visions being of her host body, carving sigils into the heads of teenagers and their screams racketed Rebekah's brain before she woke up.

Not herself.

Rebekah carried herself differently that night, hunched over instead of keeping her eye on her posture as she usually did. She spoke differently too, her voice was coarse and rough - more like Astrid's but more violent - you could sense the hunger for power on her tongue.

That was what scared the two teenagers that night. 'You kids should know better.' The body jumped witch smirked as she stalked towards them - having caught them making out in the Tremé market. 'It's not safe to be out this late. You never know who you'll run into.'

The teenagers saw her reach into her back pocket and the boy stood in front of the girl protectively as she carried on, 'Ghosts, goblins... Eva Sinclair.'

The two realised who she was but before they could move, the boy's throat was slit and he dropped to floor - the girl screamed in terror. 'Don't be scared! I'm not gonna kill you.' Eva's voice was terrifying, bone chilling cold as she grabbed the teenage girl in a chokehold before carving a sigil into her forehead.

'Not until I have taken every little bit of your power.'

Eva was regaining control of her body, shutting Rebekah away.

Flashback over.
Present day.

Astrid arrived to the dining room to see a smiling Klaus. 'Right' she crossed her arms, smirking, 'What maniacal plan have you failed to mention to me amongst all those sweet nothings you tempted me with last night?'

'Hello darling, you look breathtaking as per usual.' He walked toward her, coming behind his wife and wrapping his arms around her waist, 'Perfect for the brunch I've invited your long lost sister in law too.' He kissed her cheek and Astrid huffed, 'Brunch... or interrogation?'
She turned to face him and he chucked, 'It would be nice to find out some things about her.'

'Uh huh, there he is.' She hummed and kissed him, 'If you had told me... I would've prepared some questions of my own.'

'Oh really?' He smirked and kissed her again, only to be interrupted by his big brother.

'Well isn't this nauseating.' Elijah smiled and Nik scoffed, 'There you are. Finally.'

'Consider it revenge for forcing me to endure your conversation with Gia yesterday.' Astrid smiled and Elijah took his coat off before kissing his sister in law's cheek, 'Oh, Astrid I do however miss you ever so much. I only wish that you didn't have such a violent man in your midst.'

She laughed, assuming he meant Nik and the hybrid scoffed. 'Trust your own blood to think the worst of you.' But Elijah quickly corrected him, 'I mean Sebastian.'

The tone changed at the mention of his name and Astrid frowned, 'Why do I think you said that for a reason?'

'I was delayed. Your friend Elysium' he looked between the husband and wife, 'Who is absolutely darling by the way, Astrid I do applaud you for keeping good company. The witch informed me that news had spread across the covens of the death of the Tremé witch, Justine. A rumour has been birthed from this news.'