unleash - chapter 44

'Of course I tried to call you, Elijah! But since Dahlia was able to take down both Klaus, Mikael and Astrid.. I'm guessing that a cell phone tower was a piece of cake.'

Astrid, Nik and Elijah had arrived to St. James Infirmary after Hayley had finally got cell service back and informed them of what happened. 'And where were the wolves who stood guard?' Elijah looked more then displeased with the pack that promised to protect Hayley and Hope and Astrid commented, 'Elijah for once can we stop with melodramatics and just make sure that the people who survived are okay?'

She had Hope on her arms in the corner of the room and Hayley turned around, 'Thank you, Astrid! And for the record they were getting their asses handed to them by Dahlia, just like Klaus did.'

Klaus scoffed, 'That's it-- you're coming with me to the Compound.' Astrid rolled her eyes and Hope began to get fussy with all the shouting, she turned away from the argument and began calming the baby down. 'Where Dahlia sent Josephine this morning? No way! We'd be sitting ducks, just like we will be here as soon as that spell breaks. Which is why we have to go.' Hayley admitted her plans and Astrid turned back round, alarmed.

'Hayley you yourself just said that the wolves got their arses handed to them and now you want to run?' She asked shocked and Hayley explained further, 'Jackson is out getting supplies, and then we're taking the wolves and we're headed to the Bayou.'

'The swamp? So my child can be protected by the very wolves Dahlia so easily defeated? Absolutely not!' Nik refused and leant back on a table and Hayley shoved past Elijah before aggressively getting in Nik's face, making Astrid put Hope down and walk over to their side of the room.

'You know, I am so over taking advice from you, Klaus. All it has done so far is put Hope in danger. From now on, I am going to do what I want to do. We're leaving.'

'You're not going anywhere unless I tell you to.' Klaus growled and Astrid got in between them, trying to break them up but Hayley's voice overpowered hers, 'I am not your prisoner, Klaus!'

'Both of you, please! Astrid's right... we're playing into Dahlia's hands.' Elijah finally got between them and Klaus was clearly angry.

'Not doing as I say plays into her hands! While you two have been kow-towing to Freya and devising ways to flee with your tail between your legs, I've been forging a new path. I know what Freya was planning, and I know how to kill Dahlia.'

The French Quarter.

Aiden was busy getting flowers for Josh, the pair were planning to run from New Orleans together and start a new life. 'Thank you!' An old woman smiled as he held the door open of the Silhouetted Flower Shop so she could get past and he nodded with a bouquet of roses in his hand, 'Sure!'

As he made his way down the street, he overheard a whistling tune which would send any one of the Mikaelsons into fight or flight mode. Dahlia's tune. He looked down to see the roses dying and looked back up to see that Dahlia had appeared in front of him, 'Too bad. They were almost as young and beautiful as you!'

'You--'

'Hello, Aiden, sweet boy. We should get started.' Dahlia spelled him and pulled him along telekinetically. As she walked down the street, Aiden tried resisting the spell at first but that eventually got painful and he began walking with a yelp.

'Don't fear, this will be over quickly.' She pulled him into an alleyway, 'You are what is known as a tipping point... to set Mikaelson against Mikaelson.' Once Aiden was stuck still, she waved a hand and blood began pouring from his nose. 'It is true, you are a minor player, though it only takes one match to burn down acres of forest. In my plan to divide and conquer, you are my perfect kindling.' Dahlia waved her hand again but more violently, two deep gashes cut across Aiden's face and he cried out, 'Why are you doing this to me?'