the almighty sin - chapter 40

Sebastian De Martel knew a lot more then he let on. He was creeping behind every corner with a hurt ego from the last time that Astrid bruised it. De Martel had seen everything, he knew everything and was indeed heading to the abandoned warehouse district to stir the pot some more. It didn't work when he tried attacking the factions.

So he figured hitting a bit more personal might do the trick.

He whistled a tune as he came to the archway leading to the rows of brick buildings. "La Vie En Rose" by Louis Armstrong escaped his lips and the man had a plan.

Astrid walked through the connecting halls and into the room where Davina was, thankful to know she was safe. All nine of the witches began to stir again and Astrid knelt down in front of the Harvest Girl. 'D?' She took her shoulder  lightly and the girl awoke properly, 'Astrid?'

'It's just me, love.' She smiled, making a joke to relax the girl, 'You've got quite a nasty scar on your forehead but apart from that you're all good.'

'What happened?' She groaned and went to sit up. Astrid was supporting her as she did so and explained, 'Eva Sinclair happened, love. But it's just Bekah now.' She looked down at her feet, 'I killed her.' Davina's eyes widened, 'You killed her?'

'Well I don't have blood stains coming out of my eyes for no apparent reason.' Astrid smiled and finally everything processed in Davina, her eyes began to water as she hugged Astrid. 'Thank you.' She spoke into her shoulder and Astrid grinned, 'Anything for you, sweetheart.'

'Well isn't this touching!'

Applause echoed throughout the room as they broke apart and Astrid looked through the corner of her eye, raging. 'Royal family of New Orleans. Here ye Here ye! I have with me, Elysium Parker!' Astrid jumped up at this and turned around. Elysium looked petrified, Sebastian had hold of the back of her collar and Klaus came into the room as he walked through properly. 'Sebastian...' Astrid dropped any past grievances and stepped forward with her arms up in surrender, 'Let her go.'

'Drop the witch, Sebastian!' To both Astrid and Elysium's surprise, Nik protested too and was fully willing to kill him to save her. 'Now where's the fun in that?' Sebastian grinned. In the current room, there was a open door either side and he was heading toward the other one. 'Astrid.' Elysium's eyes were panicked and wide, she wasn't wearing her glasses which convinced Astrid that she struggled. Davina stood up too, nearing Astrid and Klaus as everyone walked slowly toward Sebastian.

'Astrid, the love of all my lives. Meet me at St.Anne's church.. if you so dare.' He smiled and Davina went to burst a vein in his arm with a loud, 'Let go of her!' He hissed out in pain but it was too late. He grabbed Elysium again before she could even process what happened and Astrid ran at them, only for Sebastian to vamp back to the Quarter. She turned around slowly, every muscle in her body pumping with adrenaline. Elysium was her best friend, nothing was about to happen to her and Sebastian had taken it to far.

'Astrid. Don't.' Nik asked too much of her. She looked between her husband and daughter, 'I love you both.' She vamped back to the Quarter and Klaus turned around with his head in his hands.

St. Anne's Church.

Astrid was thankful that no one was in the church that day. She opened the door slowly and saw that Elysium was strewn across a church pew with a scary amount of blood over her latest Lolita dress and the hybrid clasped a hand over her mouth. She shut the door again and leant against the outside of the church door, catching her breath before growing angry and kicking the door in.

'Astrid! I thought that was you.' Sebastian was sitting on the altar with a sickening grin but she wasn't paying attention to him for he had also taken Deryn. Her sister was knocked out cold and she assumed by wolfsbane. Sebastian noticed the teary eyes and looked over at the wolf, 'Ah yes! You see, Astrid. I noticed how in the shadows these two lovely women were. You had them tucked away, didn't you? So worried that something may happen to them that in the end.' He scoffed sarcastically and held his arms out, 'Something did happen to them!'