Chapter 2: The Past

12 years earlier

Ages: Dream, 9. George, 12. Sapnap, 7. Badboyhalo, 13.

"You're going to adopt me?" He mumbled before hiding behind this mask that was much too large for him at the time. Covered his face with a smile painted on, hid the fear of the child. "But I don't want to leave them-"

"Dweam, this is awesome! You get to have a real family, a real home, and you want to stay here?"

"But you guys are my family, you're all I have left..." he mumbled quietly as the lady neared his group, him hiding behind the older but much smaller, George. The woman looked kind and sweet. Vibrant amethyst eyes with rosy pink hair. Freckles dashed over her skin as she gave a smile as bright as the stars. There was a young boy, looking about 13 with brown hair and green eyes, wearing a black hood with a red accent, standing behind her. 'Must be his mom,' Dream thought to himself.

She got down to their level and started speaking to the boys, her voice like honey. "So, you don't want to leave without them?" She asked as the small child nodded slowly, poking his head out from behind his friend.

She looked around at him and his surroundings, three boys that all seemed so close. One with his mask, the other with glasses on his head, and the youngest of the three with a white headband on him. It would be heartless to even think about separating the little group. The woman got on her knees and then sat with the child and his friends. "You must love them a lot," she smiled softly getting another nod from little Dream.

"Well, what if I adopted all three of you. Could be all five of us, a little dream team. How does that sound?" She got up to be greeted by two little one's hugging her as she watched the little boy take off his mask, green eyes sparkling.

"Really?"

"Of course! That is, if you'll let me?" She smiled a bit as the little boy nodded, putting his small hand in her own. It was warm and had that sensation of child-like innocence.

"Thank you, Miss..."

"Nadia."

"Thank you, Miss Nadia!"

~

8 years Earlier-

Ages: Dream 13. George, 16. Sapnap, 11. Bad, 17.

He wacked the sword towards his best friend's direction, only to miss and be hit lightly with the wooden stick on his shoulder. "Aww man, you're too good George-" he laughed a bit before they continued to play with the sticks they found in the forest. Over and over until the sun went down and Nadia would call them for supper.

"Well, you are good yourself. It is not every day I find competition from someone who is barely a teenager, George smiled softly before being wacked with the wooden stick.

"Never let your guard down. Just because I am younger does not mean I'm shorter," he smirked, signaling at their already similar height despite the three-year age gap. Always was talented with a weapon, even if it was just a stick found in the forest.

Suddenly, the noise of clapping came from near them as they turned to see Nadia with Sapnap clapping; his dark eyes shining brightly. "You are getting good at this," Nadia smiled before having the two enter their home. "Maybe one day, you could be a hunter or something."

Dream nodded before leaving his shoes near the door with a bright smile on his face. He was always interested and going around. Exploring the new world that nobody has ever seen before, being a hero. That medal of end, so shiny and valuable. Bad only smiled at Dream, patting his head softly.