Chapter 14: Someone Else

George laughed; he couldn't help it. This man who they had met for surely only a few hours was asking Dream, his brother, his best friend, his other half, to kill him? The thought was hilarious, yet no laughter was returned.

It went by like a few seconds where George looked at the person across from him, lacking the mask he usually wore. For a split millisecond, instead of the adult he saw, it was the child he met at the orphanage. The same teary eyes with a mask, two sizes much too large.

His mind was reverted out of thought as he saw Dream lunge towards him, swinging the sword and barely missing his head. George screamed in terror as he tried to shake the chains, failing miserably. The sword was swung repeatedly, about to slash his torso, but he moved his arm in the way, watching the sword cut the chains as if it were paper.

"Dream! What is with you!?" He shouted, getting no response.

His eyes widened as the chains shattered, the sword not having a single scratch. Pieces of the obsidian chains fell sharply, cutting parts of his clothing and skin.

There was no time to think, no time to have a plan, only time to get up and run. George's legs felt sore and heavy but there was not a moment to waste. Looking behind him and tripping over as the sword flew from Dream's hands, narrowly missing his head once more. Flew like how they used to throw darts at a tavern and stuck itself into a cave wall.

"Dream, slow down! This isn't you, snap out of it!"

This wasn't Dream, it couldn't be. The dream he knew was kind and wouldn't dare hurt his friends like this. This had to be someone else, only a shell of who he once was. No matter the circumstance, there was absolutely, no way for this to be Dream.

He could faintly hear the shouts from the others, probably as confused as himself. However, there was no time to listen to any advice. That second spent distracted would be the difference between life and death. Rolling onto his side, the brown-haired male attempting to catch his breath, dodging his head to the side as the blade barely hit the side of his cheek. He could feel a few streaks of blood fall down his face as he quickly got up, only to find himself cornered at the edge of the cave.

"Please! Stop it!"

His back against the wall as George watched this manipulation of Dream head towards him. In the corner of his eye, he could see Hero watching them before simply disappearing. Just like that, gone, out of sight.

That was the sole second of distraction George feared as he watched the blade go through the end of his torso before stopping. "Dream please! Dream, don't do this!" He practically begged, clutching where the wound was bleeding with any free hand. The position was perfect to kick Dream out of the way and gain some ground.

But he couldn't do that.

It was a smart thing to do.

The smartest decision he probably could've made.

But his morals held him back. Even if this wasn't Dream completely, Dream would come back and if he harmed him, he would be put through pain as well. It's complicated how George was able to come up with such a detailed plan within seconds, but he gently put his hands towards Dream's, a battle of strength as he tried to push him off without causing any harm.

Pushing back and forth, adrenaline coursing through his veins. But any action George could take to prevent any harm would fail. The battle of strength lasted for a few seconds, but it was over, George feeling his body fall to the cool, hard, ground.

"Dream please!" He shouted but felt a cool hard kick to his gut, watching as the bleeding wound only got worse. Odd spots were already clouding his vision as the bright eyes shined brighter than before. The shouts from the others were hardly audible, George could feel the world sinking around him as the sword shined brighter against his blurry vision.

Is this... going to be it?

I can... kind of hear them. There's Sap and Bad... yelling out for me. Maybe I'll see Nadia, or Mother. I wonder if I'll see any of them. I wonder-

"George-"

It was hardly audible, the voice in front of him spoke timidly. George looked and saw that dirty-blonde boy with tears in his eyes, the orbs flickering from a pale green to the haunting white.

"Dream?" George spoke, using the cave wall to get up. Getting closer, wiping the tears of his little brother. Seeing him close, he was right there. The once brave man he watched grow up was timid and fragile, as if one rough touch could shatter him into a million pieces. As if he were nothing but the most delicate glass.

"Run... away from- go!" Dream cried as the eyes flickered back into blinding white, his lunging and having the blade slash across the smaller man's torso once more. George would watch as Dream would fight with himself, pulling the sword back and hysterically crying out in fear. "The- pendant! Take it off-" He would cry before going back to that hypnotized state out for his blood.

George's vision blurry and legs felt heavy. His mind was foggy as the once pristine cave floor was painted with crimson blood. He couldn't do it alone; all he could do was attempt to dodge each attack until he dropped dead.

Yet, the process would repeat itself. He would try to avoid any attacks and comfort Dream for the split seconds he could. Stumbling over his own feet, fatigue starting to kick in. Felt alone, there was no escape until he died.

But he wasn't alone. In the corner of his eye, George could see a familiar pair of people. Faintly seeing their widened eyes as tears rolled down each of their faces. His older brother with that dark hoodie, the iconic red highlights and cute little horns on the hood with his little brother, the white headband is more visible than ever.

His eyes would trail to the dark chains they each were chained to, feeling a few other cuts along his arms and legs. He could barely think straight, any battle of strength would result in a blackout.

Limping towards Dream, which ended up bringing them closer to the other two, George had a smile on his face. Watching the person in front of him with a confused yet terrified as George extended his arms out for a hug.

He could hear the others voices clearly now. Each step was slow until he could weakly wrap his arms around the taller male, a few warm tears hitting the cave floor. "It's okay Dream... Come here."

"George- go!" He mumbled before standing there once more, sword ready.

Five.

Instead of receiving a warm embrace in return, George was greeted by watching as the bright sword went through his body, feeling bones being broken and blood seeping through. The crimson liquid spilled out as he crumpled to the ground, slowly pulling the now bloodied sword out. All eyes were on him as he could hear the shrieks of the others, weakly tossing the blade near Sapnap.

Four.

"Get... The necklace off," he mumbled watching as Sapnap quickly brought the sword down on his chains, watching them shatter and then doing the same thing to free Bad. The world blurred and that's when he smiled. A genuine smile of happiness, a smile of, go save him.

Three.

He could faintly hear Sapnap fussing over him, feeling as he was helped up and sat down on the cave floor a little farther away. Faintly seeing as Bad tried to prevent Dream from getting any closer to them. There was only one thing on his mind.

Two.

"Get... the pendant off him," George whispered, praying the message would get across.

One...