Chapter 15: Escaping Denial

"George? C'mon man, hang in there," Sapnap spoke, taking out any of the spare medical supplies he had on him. All the potions were in Dream's pack which was... not accessible for the moment. All he had were a few bandages and towels to close off the bleeding for a little while.

Turning his head, watching in fear as Bad delt with Dream or whatever it was. Almost as if he was taken over, completely possessed. On top of that, George refused to hurt him. A stupid idea in the end, but he didn't have much room to talk.

"Get... the pendant off him," Sap could hear George whisper, their eyes meeting. He looked to see where Bad was struggling to keep Dream away from them. The necklace which Dream wore glowed brightly as Sapnap started to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

He nodded and hugged him one last time before heading off the where Bad was attempting to restrain him in any way possible.

"Dream snap out of it!" Bad yelled, pulling the dirty-blonde's hands behind his back, only to watch him break out of his grasp. Watching Dream get closer to George, Bad tackled him to the ground, buying them a bit of time. "Sap! What are we going to do! He only wants George dead," Badboyhalo spoke timidly, trying to tie Dream's hands with rope yet it not working, once again.

Sapnap hurried over and tried to pin him down, only to be pushed off by unbelievable strength which he could never even imagine any of them being capable of matching. "You see the pendant! George says we have to take it off!" He yelled, watching Dream run towards the bloodied, Sapnap chasing after him and diverting him away.

Bad nodded and ran to take the pendant off by the string at the end, feeling his hands almost around the clasp but becoming discouraged when his hands were swatted away. "Dream! This isn't you!" He yelled as they both held him by his arms, only now realizing how close they were to the target. There was only one thing on their mind when they could both see the dull, brown eyes which stared back at them helplessly.

We must get that pendant off him.

Minutes felt like hours as there was this never-ending game to keep the manipulation away from George whilst trying to keep that darn pendant off his neck. A game none of them could afford to lose.

Finally getting into a proper position, Bad and Sap each had Dream pinned to part of the cave walls, only a mere two meters away from George. "Will you just hold still for five seconds!" Sapnap yelled, trying to remove the necklace but realizing that Dream would break free is he removed one hand from pinning him down.

A faint few steps could be heard. Not from Bad, not from Sapnap, and surely not from Dream.

"George! What the heck are you doing!"

He could faintly see that once bright blue shirt which looked more red than blue. Watching him walk over, adrenaline continues to course through his veins. Walking until they were a mere foot apart.

"I made a promise to him." George smiled and reached to grab the pendant, his vision blurring as he saw the white eyes Dream once sported, fading back into an evergreen.

"And I intend on keeping it..."

~

It felt as if he were chained up. Watching someone else controlling every action his body took. Trapped in his own mind, never experiencing more agony of watching whoever possessed him harm the one closest to him.

Trying to stop the demon in his mind from controlling his actions, it felt deteriorating. Only being able to snag a few seconds of time, praying every second they would find a way to take it off. He was terrified, George was in terrible pain, yet he still tried to save him from this agony. Watching George come closer, waves of relief washed over him as the world flashed, bringing him back to reality and control.