Chapter 53: Defensive Walls Fall

"Today marks two weeks since the events of this year's summer solstice," Prince Hercules... or better known to the kingdom as Crowned Prince spoke to the table in one of the rooms, Dream finding himself sitting and listening to the meeting. There was no reason for him to be here other than the fact that he most likely had the most knowledge revolving around ghosts compared to everyone on Earth now. "Yet we have made no progress in defending our people!?"

"I think we did plenty," Ranboo mumbled from his seat, looking up from his book for one of the few times this meeting. "Maybe it does not seem like a great length, but we have talked with the dead. I personally think that that is a great stride in winning this war."

"And how does that help us, Prince Ranboo?"

Ranboo stopped a bit to speak but he hesitated, going back to burying his face in the book. "I'm still working on figuring that part out-" He muttered, Hercules rolling his eyes.

'Man,' Dream thought to himself, watching the events unfold while the rest of their council sat in silence. 'Welcome to the Dream talk show, part 2. The royal family is dysfunctional and all I can do here is watch.'

"Well then..." Techno rolled his eyes and stood up, leaning on the table. "If it makes you feel better, I've been in contact with Caiya. They are willing to send us some reinforcements to help. Is this to your satisfaction?" Techno smiled and it took all of Dream's strength to hold just the slightest giggle at the remarks. The rivalry of siblings truly made his and Techno's look like nothing.

Hercules rolled his eyes and nodded. "Yes, it is to my satisfaction. Thank you," he gave a polite nod and to Dream, it looked more like a professional interaction than one of familial relations; though being the royal family, it isn't too far from reality. "Then it's settled, I would like us to continue the plan listed out and come back in another week's time. You are all excused," and with that, Dream stepped out of the room with Techno, hardly any of the information stayed in his head.

"And that's why I would be an awful ruler," Techno smirked, letting his hair down the second he exited the room. "The cabinet hardly puts up with me and Ranboo, and do not even get me started on my brother."

"Well, I think you are very educated-" Dream pointed out, Techno nodding slightly. "Like- you interact with us lowly. You know the village better than Hercules ever could, you know where all the shops used to be, the best places to stop for a snack; it is very admirable."

"If you say so, Green boy." Techno rolled his eyes and went into one of the private rooms, starting to close the door behind him. "Oh, by the way- you and Wilbur, be here by the sunset. We have to welcome our guests."

"Right-" Before Dream could finish his sentence, the door slammed shut. "Jeez, someone woke up off the wrong side of the bed," he sighed, heading back to the room that he and the rest of the group shared.

Sapnap was sleeping off the final effects of the potions administered and George who was simply asleep for the sense of relaxation; George always slept the most and it was still early morning. However, Bad was wide awake, sitting on one of the bottom bunks, reading a book while Rat was asleep on his lap. Dream waved and sat beside Bad, realizing that the book was not a normal book, but a journal that he hadn't recognized.

"What's that-" Dream looked at Bad who shut the journal, letting out a nervous giggle.

"Something from my childhood- I was a weird kid," Bad smiled, putting the book down and making eye contact with Dream. "When Nadia adopted me, I thought she would do bad things and I thought that if I wrote in my journal every day, then one day I would catch her doing something and have the most reliable evidence," he laughed a bit, Dream cracking a smile. "Of course, that never happened. I stopped writing when I ran out of pages, I realized that Nadia was going to take care of me."