Chapter 51: All within a Moment

The vessel started gasping for air, holding his hands by his head. "I'm trying- get out of my head- I'll be fine! Give me a bit- I can't do this anymore. Release me!" The voice changed from being familiar to its distorted state, as if the mind was fighting itself. Eyes flickering dramatically and Dream started to doubt this plan. Nadia had held Bad for too long; consequences would surely ensue.

"Nadia! Answer the question, what did you do?" Philza practically demanded, Techno having to hold him back.

"Phil-"

"You really want to know?" All the fighting stopped, fists clenching as she got up, no matter how much the others insisted for her to sit down. "It's best if I keep it to myself- it's better for everyone. I made a mistake in my life that I regret and I'm paying the price-" She had regained half of her control, the body seeming to partially move on its own or as everyone else knew... Bad was fighting back.

"What was that mistake?" Philza wanted to chase after her. "What happened to the Nadia who my father sacrificed his life for? What made his sacrifice go in vain?"

"Philza-"

"Your father was a coward! He never sacrificed himself! I killed him!"

The room went silent once more... each of her kids frozen. The words that just spilt out left everyone in shock. Worst of all, Philza stood there, unable to come up with words... or anything resembling it.

The silence was interrupted by Philza running over, the host turning away. "You... you took everything away from me!" He started making his way over, Techno trying to hold him back as much as he could. "I spent my entire life thinking you were worth everything! That my father was happy when he died to save you! Guess what? It was all a lie! All lies, fake!"

"Phil-" Techno interrupted him, but Philza broke free and was determined to pay for it all. Dream looked over in the chaos and looked horrified when he realized Bad no longer had white eyes; they had returned to their simple color. Nadia was no longer present, she had left. In a matter of seconds, she had confessed to murder and then disappeared.

"Techno, I know I'm being irrational but please-" his hands were shaking as he made it over. "Nadia! Look at what I've become! My mother is a wreck because her husband is dead! Do you understand this? I never got to learn how to hunt, how to fish, how to use a sword the same way my father did. I-"

"Phil-" Techno spoke up, separating the two from the near violence that would spark. "Nadia is not here anymore, she left." Philza looked at Bad, shaking his head in silence.

With that opportunity, Dream rushed to Bad's side, looking at the other. He seemed completely distant, his eyes slightly glossy, but it was surely Bad in control. He could faintly see Philza rush out of the room, Techno chasing after him. However, that hardly mattered anything compared to the wellbeing of his brother. "Bad? Bad, can you hear me?"

George and Sapnap slowly made their way over to Bad, assessing how for a few moments, he was unresponsive. His eyes were open and after a few seconds, he blinked a few times and started looking around. The way he looked at his surroundings could easily be seen as disoriented. "Did... did it work?"

"Welcome back," Sapnap grinned a bit, ruffling the other's hair. "We got everything we needed; you did great."

Dream could sense that something was off, very off for that matter. Perhaps it was the side effects that Nadia had mentioned. All in all, he looked drained... awfully drained for that matter. "Anything feel off? Take your time-" he spoke softly, watching as the other wavered in place.

"I'll be fine, just a little- oh..." the final words trailed off when his shoulders slumped, the rest of the body following. Dream rushed to support the other, seeing the eyes lidded shut. The panic rushed through his bloodstream while he brushed some of the hair out of Bad's face.