Chapter 29: May God Save her Soul

He had already yelled for someone to alert, be on the lookout, do anything in his power to help find her. Tossing and turning in the bedroom with no sign of sleep on the way. How a few hours ago, he wanted nothing more but to rest in a bed but now that he was here, no slumber would arrive.

Fear was always constant in his mind. The worst possibilities always in his head. Every time he would find himself drifting off to sleep slightly, the worst visions possible would jump in his brain. The worst part? He couldn't do anymore; he couldn't hunt and look for her.

"Can't sleep?" George sighed, peeking out from where his bunk bed was. The way their little quarters were set up always brought some comfort. There weren't really any assigned beds, they just switched around when the time needed to be. Like, when George was injured, he was on the bottom just for that small example.

"Of course, I can't sleep," Dream sighed, sitting up. "My sister is missing, kidnapped or worse!" He partially whispered, yet the tiredness in his voice reflected quite loudly. He would rather not reflect on the worst thoughts that came to his mind.

Yet this time would be different. Nobody could say "It will be fine," for that was uncertain. This was not Dream in a bloodied state that could not comprehend the logic of dying words, this was the sister he had found.

"Do you want to go look for her?" George asked, sitting up and lifting the blanket off himself. "She was last seen in the place where she hung out with the others and headed towards the forest for a shortcut so we might find something." As if they were little kids again. Comfort hardly worked in situations like this, so it was always a little adventure late at night.

Dream only nodded slightly and got up quietly, heading out the door with his axe just in case. It was dark and slightly frigid, but not uncomfortable. Putting on their jackets and watching the sky, painted in the dark blues and purples of the night. Few stars stood out, but no conversation was carried between the two.

No conversation was alright for now.

Dream couldn't help but run to the area, only imagining that a few days ago, Drista was out there with the biggest smile on her face. Walking around at the now empty park, knowing that any footprints would be long gone at this point.

Yet, he carried on into the forest. Looking around and knowing the same thing, there was no luck. Walking around and seeing the darkness, the few mobs that happened to notice them died within seconds. Stepping until he stopped, looking down at his feet.

There, muddled in the mud was a little bracelet, with half a smile. Immediately getting down and lifting it up, watching as the charm on the bracelet connected with his own. "She was here," Dream whispered, feeling tears brim the eyes. "But now she's gone-"

"She's not gone yet; we don't know that." George sighed, standing beside Dream and looking down. Slight rain started to pour and that would soon turn into a downpour. Tapping him on the shoulder and watching the other head back, George would follow.

"You don't know if she's not gone either-"

George only sighed and made sure to open the house door, putting their coats where they hung by the entrance, now protected by the rain. "I have faith, try to get some sleep?"

"I'll be there in a bit," Dream sighed and looked out the window. Life always seemed to repeat itself. Off on an adventure, out late at night, it starts to rain, and Dream finds himself lost. If it rained that day so many years ago, who knows where he would be?

He knew that if he stayed up for long enough, Bad would force him back to take care of himself, rest for a bit. However, Dream would stay up just for slightly longer. It would not be that hard to lie and say he got up early.