Chapter 8: A New Journey

The sun was hardly over the horizon as a chest was loaded onto the wagon, along with just a bit of spare weapons if need be. The sky was clear as there were a few birds which flew across the morning sky.

A week had passed since their first attempt, which the four could agree, it didn't go their way... much at all. The grass swayed back and forth as Bad hooked up a few harnesses to Dog and Roberto, hooking them up to pull on the wagon. Much more planning went into this, especially with the abnormal but steady increase in mobs around Minilus.

"Is everything set?" Dream yelled as he walked out of the house with two apples in his hand. Mask already on as he tossed the two apples to Bad, who caught them quite easily and fed them to each of the horses.

"I think so. We should get going, the sun is almost up in the sky," Bad nodded before sitting on Roberto, watching as Sapnap would ride Dog and the others would make sure nothing in the wagon fell out, went wrong. Much more prepared than last time.

Dream and George hopped into the wagon. It was nothing very large like the carriages in parades, but George could lay down completely and have at least extra foot worth of space both ways. Granted he was also slightly smaller than the others but... whatever works.

The wheels were quiet along the ground as they rolled out of the village, into the forest as before. A journey of around 8 hours to the entrance of the caverns. It should be peaceful most of the way. Before long, the quiet of the horses turned into them running through the forest which they were once stopped by.

"The life, am I right?" Dream smirked as he leaned over the rim of the wagon, watching as the sunlight poked out from the trees until they reached a peaceful clearing. A few birds flew across the sky as in the distant, a faint sunflower field could be seen.

George only mumbled in response; his face buried on the map. "Should be arriving to a sunflower field, we could break here if you guys want one," he spoke softly as the journey came to a quick halt.

"Great, I need a break-" Sapnap spoke, hopping off his horse and stretching. Bad did the same as the four of them looked at the sunflower field. Each looking at its beauty... or at least most of them. Considering George was colorblind, it all looked yellow but that's not the point.

They were together and that was all they needed. It would be much safer in the sunflower field than in the forest where they stopped. Just a quick break, nothing too long. They were already halfway through the map to the caverns. Going much smoother than usual.

~

He watched them as they sat on a small blanket, eating a few apples. Sure, it was hard to remain in the shadows when there weren't many shadows in the first place. It was a blessing that he didn't look much like a person; it made it easier to watch them.

It's been about a week or so since they tried to go and so far, everything was going according to plan. He just had to make sure nobody saw him for that... that would be a travesty.

Part of it was a strange sight. Generations from the people who had hurt him, the boy in green hardly resembled his partner. His partner had a ponytail, part of him liked the new kid's style better. Besides, the new boy had much more potential than his partner.

~

The sunflowers moved in the wind ever so softly with the summer breeze blowing softer than a couple's kisses. A few bees flew from flower to flower as the four finished up their break, getting back to riding towards the caverns.

"Great! I'm glad we're all ready to go!" Bad smiled, pulling his hood up as he and Sapnap now sat on the wagon while Dream and George rode the horses. As they continued their journey, they could feel another presence. That odd feeling of someone else, listening in on their conversations. That feeling was quickly brushed aside as they rode through the field, the tall flowers reached up to the brim of the wagon as they picked up pace.