Chapter 56: Abnormality

Philza exited the room, seeing Wilbur standing outside with a neutral expression on his face. "Wow, if it isn't the official unofficial royal advisor," he hummed, leaning against the wall. "How is he doing?"

"Worst case of denial that I have ever seen. Techno is strong, you know that- I'm sure he will turn out alright," Philza commented, twirling his finger through his golden hair. "I'm more worried about Ranboo-"

"You need to lighten up, Mr. Philza Minecraft-" Wilbur smirked, fixing his beanie. "It's always Techno this, Ranboo that. You are their friend, Phil. Not their parent-" Wilbur fidgeted with his coat which Philza could see as new before starting to slowly walk down the halls. "You like my new coat? It gives more apocalyptic end of the world energy rather than my yellow sweater-"

"Uh huh," Philza shook his head playfully before following Wilbur, already noticing their direction was headed towards the infirmary. "Not because Tommy wanted that sweater to comfort him while he was all cooped up in the room-" Wilbur's eyes darted away, a smile growing on both of their faces.

"You love him, don't you?" Philza smiled as they both made their way towards Tommy's little room after being admitted.

"Just like how you love the royal family," Wilbur mumbled, entering Tommy's room slowly. "If anyone needs the whole take care of yourself before others talk, it's going to be you."

Tommy was sitting up in bed, simply holding the sleeves of Wilbur's sweater. "Phil! Wilbur!" He smiled, Philza watching as Wilbur went to Tommy's bedside, ruffling Tommy's hair. "Ugh, it's so quiet and boring here," he mentioned, huffing slightly. "I feel great too! Sure, my leg still hurts like a rock, and I probably can't walk but I'd rather be back at the room!"

Philza smiled and watched the two interact. Playing around like annoying brothers but deep down, he knew how both cared for each other greatly. The way that Wilbur smiled around Tommy was one of the most genuine smiles that he had ever seen. In an apocalyptic world where everything outside was a threat, that interaction was enough to bring him some joy.

~

"Techno, we need to talk-" Dream knocked on the door, waiting impatiently until the other managed to open the door. After relentless asking and searching, he had gotten word of the prince's whereabouts. He couldn't quite pinpoint a feeling in the back of his throat, everything seemed far too tense to be normal. Anytime he bothered to question the tension, he was always shoved to the side.

"What do you want, I'm strategizing-" Techno mumbled, yet Dream found the other's voice to be different than usual, almost as if the other was asleep.

"Did I catch you at a bad time?" he asked, his hands fidgeting with the pendant that was in his pocket. "I can always come back-"

"No, you're good," Techno opened the door a little wider and let the other in, Dream seeing how the sheets of the bed were ruffled and messy. 'Maybe he was asleep... that's a first-' Dream thought to himself.

"Right, to the point-" Dream reached out for the pendant. He had fibbed to the group that he was going to return this to the authorities, none of them could safely have it without another mishap such as what happened to Sapnap. "We've decided that Sapnap was possessed by someone else, we don't know who, but it wasn't Nadia."

"Your point?"

Dream looked away, dropping the pendant into Techno's hands. "Depending on the ghost, they can enhance a person's abilities. Herobrine, one of the greatest warriors of all time is the only thing standing in between us and peace."

Techno yawned but kept his eyes on Dream. "Okay. Herobrine isn't a ghost anymore, trapping him in someone won't work, he's practically a demigod."

"But Zayne isn't-" Dream smirked from behind the mask, Techno's eyes widening.