Chapter 45: Back to Business

"Alright, so now that we have a quick rundown of everything, why don't you tell us why this ghost, who seems to only be after you and your family, is destroying our entire livelihoods as we know it."

Two days.

It has been two days since the accident and let's just say, the royals were not pleased about their circumstances. Especially considering how word has spread that the king had fallen ill, the three siblings already had enough to worry about. "Hey- Hercules. Give him a break, obviously he would rather not have a psychotic ghost come back to life with God-like powers," Techno rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair, eyeing Prince Hercules who simply scoffed in return. "Dream, what he's trying to say is to spill any info you got."

Dream sighed and gripped the bracelet in his hand, feeling the little ribbon rough against his skin. Prince Ranboo had been kind enough to bring a small white dog to calm him down, though Dream thinks the oldest of the three didn't want his very unstable self to break down in tears. Laying his hand on the dog's head, feeling the soft embrace of the dog. "Um- the short story or the long one?"

"Preferably the long one."

Dream sighed and kept touching the dog. "Everything?"

"Everything."

Dream looked away a bit, the small dog looking up at him with beady eyes. "About a year ago... we found a map."

"We?"

Ranboo looked at Dream with a sympathetic smile. "It's alright, Dream. We're doing this to figure out how to stop this mess. If you want, we can get another witness who can-"

"It's fine!" Dream interrupted harshly before softening a bit, looking at the dog. "It's fine... um- me and my brothers. We're all adopted, and our adoptive mother died 3 years ago in the Wither accident," his hands shook but he forced himself to continue. "We decided to follow the map and eventually I found this really odd pendant. I put it on and then we found this cave with a bunch of crystals. Crystals that none of us had ever seen before."

"And what did they look like?"

Dream thought about it for a bit before continuing. "Impossible to describe," he looked away, continuing to pet the dog. "We ventured in and there were traps set up that hit George, arrows dripped with weakness. That's when we saw Herobrine and-" his breath hitched as the other three eyed him. "Herobrine said he caused the fire that-" tears that streamed down his face that he couldn't stop.

"That's enough," Techno glared at his older brother. "Ranboo? Go get George, same room as Dream's," he sighed and Dream looked up, seeing Hercules with a face that one could describe as displeased. "Dream's obviously been through some stuff, and we aren't getting anywhere with how we are doing."

The two bickered a bit but Dream seemed to drown it out as he sat there, mindlessly petting the dog and the memories swarmed him like angry wasps after their beehive was destroyed.

No, no, no! Please! George- no! Don't do this! Run away! Leave me here! Leave me to die! At this rate, you'll die too! Not like this, George. Not like this! Take the necklace off! Please- I don't want to hurt you anymore! Why are you coming closer! No! Stay back! Stay away from me! I'm a monster, a freak! I'm not in control anymore- Don't give me a hug! I'm just going to hurt you again! Please! Please! George! No! Don't die on me!

"Dream?"

Dream looked up and saw George at the doorway who immediately ran over and hugged him tightly. He could feel the comfort of familiarity surrounding him, calming down immediately.