Chapter 65: No Tomorrow

"Is everyone clear on the plan?"

Punz nodded and gripped his fist inside the pockets of their white hoodie. "Right, I find out any last-minute information about Herobrine's plan and then let you know to prepare accordingly. Purpled stays awake in case things go south as well as an extra set of ears to verify."

"Right, it is imperative this goes well." Techno nodded, fixing the collar on his outfit, no longer wearing lavish velvet-like robes. Instead, he wore a sleeveless top which didn't limit his movement. On the back, a version of the Lionheart emblem, although it would most likely be covered with armor during battle. Techno turned his head towards Purpled, the young teen looking up with violet eyes. "I'm sorry we have to bring you into this, kid."

"Don't worry, I totally get it," Purpled responded, giving an affirmative nod but staying by Punz's side. Sometimes, Punz would forget that Purpled was no longer the young child they needed to protect but almost an adult that could fend for himself. "Anything I can do to help, count me in!" He gave a lopsided grin, innocent enough.

"Right," Dream continued, feeling his hands tremble with anxiety in the pockets of his lime green hoodie. "Once Herobrine leaves and we know precisely when he plans to attack, we shall plan accordingly. A bunch of stuff happens, I kill Herobrine, and we win!" A bit of an overconfident façade to hide his nerves, but anyone could pick out the way Dream tensed up whenever he was asked a question.

"Quick question: What happens if he attacks tonight? That would fit into what Punz said but would be far too early for us to prepare," Wilbur spoke up, wearing his new signature dark trench coat. Everyone knew that Wilbur planned for being on the battlefield, always able to give a different perspective.

"Then we fight like there is no tomorrow," Hercules said, setting his crown on the side and polishing his sword. "If we lose, there won't be a tomorrow." He smiled, turning towards Grian who seemed to be scribbling notes haphazardly. "How are the fortifications going?"

"Everything is in place, your majesty," Grian shut the book, looking up. "Firework launchers are placed on any open areas to protect the palace and Dream's elytra is fully functional. We had a chance to test it this morning."

"Perfect," Hercules smirked before turning to face Punz. "Soldier, I wish you the best of luck. May our god Minalia bring you back with your peace, health, and dignity. Meeting dismissed."

Punz smiled and was the first to separate from the group, making it to his dormitory per usual with Purpled right behind him. How they hated the fact he had to bring Purpled into this but there was no other possibility. He was aware that he brought them into this mess and unfortunately, he couldn't get them out on his own. Punz could sense the sun starting to set even through the thick stone walls and he smiled a bit, watching Purpled head to bed. "Are you sure that you will be able to stay up? He doesn't come for a bit-"

"I'm not a little kid, I can do this. Besides, by five o' clock, Dream and Wilbur are going to be bursting in here if I don't say anything." Purpled shrugged his shoulder and grinned, fixing the sheets.

"One more thing," Punz mentioned, Purpled turning his head and listening intently to his older brother. "If something happens, you must wait until Herobrine leaves the room. You don't intervene; even if he kills me, you pretend to be asleep until he leaves. Under no circumstances can you get discovered."

Purpled hesitated a bit, fear running through his veins at the thought of his older brother being killed in front of him. Yet he knew that strategically speaking, he had to do as Punz said. "I understand."

Punz smiled a bit, ruffling Purpled's hair before sitting on the bottom bunk, waiting for Herobrine's arrival. "Purpled?"

"Yeah?"