Chapter 13: But she wasn't an Angel

A/N: Last flashback in a chapter for a while, I swear-

"You ready?" The girl spoke, making sure her satchel was secure. The portal in front of her, practically hypnotic. Putting her light pink hair into a ponytail, helping one of her fellow guild members with his armor.

"You're not in charge here, Nadia." One of the older men in the group scolded her, his long blonde braid dangling down to his waist. Nadia only nodded and kept one objective in mind. They kill the Ender dragon, and she makes sure nobody dies. She wore nothing as protective as the soldiers who were going to venture and fight the monsters which lurked in the next realm, a simple iron chest plate and a bow and arrow in case she's in desperate scenarios.

It was quick and simple; each went into the portal one by one. Their leader, Alexander, goes in first and then Nadia last. The air burned her lungs as she watched her fellow guild members shoot the crystals which floated upon obsidian pillars, the likes of which she has never imagined.

Watching as her teammates struggled to shoot the last crystal from its podium, seeming how she was in a perfect position to shoot it herself. "They won't mind if I take out one myself, right?" Nadia chuckled to herself before firing one of the arrows, watching as an explosion went off in the distance.

"You idiot!" She could hear Alexander yell from behind the pillar, heading her way in a fit of rage. "You weren't supposed to do that, do you have any idea how dangerous that is?" You could almost feel a fire radiating from him as he chased her.

Not like a game of tag, Nadia knew the eyes that faced her. Slowing down as she neared the edge of the island, hearing the cheers of the group back where the dragon had been slayed. Yet is seems as if Alexander didn't care much at all, he continued to walk towards her, bringing his hand up and slapping it across her cheek.

"What're you..." Nadia whimpered, cupping the side of her cheek which stinged a bright red. Backing away as Alexander continued to head towards her.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up! Your job is to heal, not to fight! A woman such as yourself wasn't made to fight like the rest of the group," He spoke, clenching his fists as Nadia looked up at the man with timid eyes.

"Stop saying that, you know it's not right! You have a wife, yet you speak of this nonsense!"

"My family understands how it works, unlike yours which ultimately left you to fend for yourself! You should be lucky I let you join this mission. You would be broke, living on the street without me!"

"You would have died before they got you to a hospital when we ventured the nether. You would have died without me, but you treat me like I'm nothing!"

Their arguments were interrupted by the shaking of the ground below them, Nadia's eyes focused on a few cracks forming in the ground, watching as part of the end stone floor gave way to the void.

How the tables have turned, now Nadia found herself holding Alexander with her right arm and trying to prevent both from falling to uncertain death. A once toxic argument between supposed teammates turned into a fight for survival.

"Kill him..."

Nadia heard a voice whispering into her ear, faintly seeing the glowing white eyes of someone she's never seen before. This person was telling her to kill the leader. He had treated her so cruelly... what was she thinking?

"Hey, Nadia we can talk about this! Remember what you said, I have a wife and a kid. My lovely Philza, my boy! He's young, you've met him before. Whatever you are thinking, don't kill me!" A man who once stood tall and strong now looked timid and weak, begging for mercy.

Sure, this man had treated her awfully, but that is no excuse to treat someone as if their life was meaningless. The voice persisted in whispering until she could feel the pounding in her head, seeing how she lacked any control over her actions.

Kill him, kill him, kill him, nobody will know. Kill him, kill him, it'll be fine. Kill him, kill him, it can easily be blamed as a freak accident. You are not that strong; they will all believe it. You can kill him, you can kill him, you can kill him.

With that in mind, almost as if someone else was telling her to do so. Watching Alexander cry tears of betrayal until she could only see the darkness where he once held on for his dear life. "But I'm not nothing..." she mumbled softly, a few tears streaming down her face.

A part of her felt sorry, not understanding why she let go. Only the ghost haunting her would know, right? Turning her head to see her guildmates waving over, one with the dragon's head in hand.

"I'm sorry, he fell, and I couldn't pull him out," Nadia cried as one of the other mates held her in comfort. Nobody would ever know the truth, except her and the ghost. She would force herself to live with it, she killed a man, a father, a husband, and a leader.

All because the ghost told her too.

~

George opened his eyes groggily, trying to stand but failing, noticing a dark chain clamped against his right wrist, with no sign of any keys to free himself. He scoffed and looked around to see Dream in the same position as himself, just much closer to the throne where the ghost sat on the throne. Dream was conscious, like himself, but looking around to see Sapnap and Badboyhalo chained and asleep beside each other.

Trying to shake the chains off, watching as Bad and Sap awoke practically at the same time. "Finally, out of your beauty sleep," the ghost sighed, taking out the sword from his sheathe and pulling out a pendant which almost matched the one Dream wore. Holding the sword in his left hand and cutting the chains loose, Dream was staying in place.

They were all different in assessing their situation. Dream and Sapnap glared with daggers in their eyes, Dream had his mask on, but you could tell when he was upset. Bad looked timid and slightly fearful. However, George just stared at the world around him.

He was concerned, Dream was a free spirit yet even with his chains free, he sat still and quiet. It was if it would all pass through a few seconds. Dream would retaliate, lunge at the ghost and then Hero would snap his fingers and Dream would crumple to the floor, clutching his chest in agony.

"Dream!" He would yell but there would be no sign of that smirk where he would yell back that he was okay. Hero would instead sigh and shake his head. A world which one seemed impossibly large with countless opportunities seemed small, crushing all their hopes and dreams.

The other three exchanged a glance, watching as Dream stood up slowly, seeing splotches of blood on his hoodie and mask. His eyes widened as George watched Hero take the sword and cut the mask in half, exposing the right half of his face.

He never let anyone even touch the mask, why is he just standing there? Not Bad, not Sapnap, not George, and not Nadia. Yet this stranger was not only simply touching the mask, but he also just simply cut it in half! Like it was a delicate sheet of paper.

That's when he realized, tears were streaming down Dream's face as his eyes flickered back and forth from dull evergreen to a glowing white, like the ghost that stood before them. The pendant which he wore glowed colors brighter than ever before, and George could only watch.

Hero started to speak, looking down and playing around with the bright sword in his hands. "You know, there is a way to revive someone. That's why you came here, correct?" His tone was dark as George saw in the corner of his eyes, the other nodding.

"One hundred thousand lives taken to bring back yourself. Of course, I wish to get my own revenge and am on the brink of that number. It's much harder than you think," he sighed, watching as Dream lunged once more before being put through pain once more.

The agony, the fear he was in, all George could do as his older brother was watch. Watch as the ghost pushed him around, watch as the ghost made him go through torture, the chains clamped around his wrist prevented him from doing anything.

Staring with wide eyes as the flickering stopped, watching someone he loved stand still with bright white eyes. Herobrine held the sword which glowed and put it in Dream's hands, an evil smirk on his face. Raising his left hand and pointing at George, he spoke maliciously but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Kill him."