Chapter 3: Wandering

At the break of dawn, all their supplies gathered at the door. Their two horses, with their saddles and armor as Dream finished up gathering himself some things, putting the remainder of potions he'd saved in his back. Potion of healing, harming, and their rations. Nobody knew how long they'd be gone but something told him it would be worth it. He held the mask in his hands, noticing how worn it was.

That mask, never being noticed by the other kids other than the people he called his brothers. Those were the people who saw him smile, saw him fight, saw him. Had it his whole life, it was a part of him. All those battles... it was-

"Dream! We're waiting! Are you done yet?" Sapnap yelled before getting on the brown horse named Roberto, Bad riding behind them. Horses are plenty but saddles and armor are so expensive and hard to find. Two are the most they managed to have, and none plan on buying any more.

"Yeah, I'm coming. Just tell George he's too short to control the horse!" Dream smirked before eyeing something on the old oak shelf. The bandages Nadia used to use when she worked. Something about them, they stopped him.

"Oh Dream~ Do I need to drag you outside!"

"George, that's-"

"Shut up- I'm coming," Dream smiled before quickly slipping the bandages in his bag. It couldn't hurt and you never know. Reminded him of her... He finally closed his satchel shut and locked the door, putting on that mask of a smile.

"Well, let's do this!" Badboyhalo gave a little smile, getting on Roberto as Dream did the same with their other horse, Dog (yes, the horse's name is dog). George sat behind him holding on as the horses went from a small trot in the village to a sprint in the woods.

They rode the horses through the thick grass in the dark oak forest. Trees towered over them as a few birds flew over the sky. Stopping by a small lake, the afternoon sunlight poking through the leaves. Hopping off the saddle and letting their steeds drink in the lake, they sat on the ground, looking at their surroundings.

Peaceful, feeling the cool breeze in the darkness of the woods. Grass swaying back and forth. Their two horses stood by the lake as Sapnap held the bright red apple in his hands, biting into it. Peaceful as they took a small rest, until the silence turned into a quiet hissing noise.

"Sapnap! Behind you!" Badboyhalo yelled just as Sapnap jumped out of his spot, a crater from the explosion taking its spot. Breathing heavily before watching more creatures spawn from the shadows. Hordes of spiders, zombies, and creepers walked out from behind the dark oak trees and no one hesitated to make their way towards the group. Never seen this many mobs in a very long time, and in broad daylight. Then again, they were in a forest and the light levels were low.

"Guys... now is probably the time to go-" Dream subtly mentioned before quickly hopping onto one of the horses, the rest doing the same. To no avail, each creature came closer as the horses tried to increase the gap between them. Surrounded as the number of mobs only seemed to increase.

Running out of the forests to expose some of the monsters to sunlight, watching the zombies burn as creepers continued to run and skeletons swam in the river to continue the chase. "Oh, come on!" George yelled before taking out his bow and arrow, shooting a creeper in the head. That only made a dent in the number as the monsters continued to chase the group, firing arrows at them, luckily missing every time but there were close calls. "How can this get any worse?"

As we all know, saying something like "how could this get any worse?" is a foolproof way to make it worse. As if on cue, the once light blue skies turned into dark gray as raindrops fell from the sky. Offering the darkness and protection, the evil creatures needed to continue chasing after the dream team.