Chapter 55: United Again, Breaking Apart

Dream stood by the door that Techno had mentioned in the morning with Wilbur right beside him. He had no reason to question why Wilbur or himself needed to be present, just the rules that he shall not disobey an authority of royalty.

"Outside, they should be arriving any minute now," Techno spoke, walking through the highly guarded exit with ease, Dream and Wilbur following behind him. Dream looked at Techno with questioning eyes behind the mask, noticing how the prince gripped on the cloak so tightly, almost poking holes into the expensive fabric but before he could question it, he was interrupted.

"Reinforcements? What type of reinforcements did you have in mind?" Wilbur asked, standing beside Techno. Truly, what reinforcements could be given in a time where most of the royal guard was already in place?"

"Well-"

"Did someone say reinforcements!?" Their light conversation was interrupted by a pivoting blur of red and purple, beaming down from the sky. The flight was about to crash into the ground of dirt and debris before what Dream could assume was mechanical wings lifting slightly and watching as the person controlling the machine fell into the ground, though not as hard as he should have. "My apologies, I was hoping that landing would have worked a bit better-" the male was relatively short, wearing a red sweater now covered in the contents of the ground. Ruffled hair with dark eyes, a determined smile on his face. The male looked around and his eyes landed on Wilbur, giving a small wave. "It's been a while, mate."

Wilbur rushed over and hugged the guy, laying his chin on the other's head. "Grian! I've missed you so much- it's been so long." Dream smiled a bit and saw as a small group of people file through. Each having their own distinct looks and personalities, such as a man with a mustache dressed in a suit, as well as a few others that Dream decided not to focus on for now.

"X wished he could make it- though he and the others decided it was best to stay and manage Caiya-" the man in the suit seemed much more distinguished yet he held an aura different to those who were rich without talent.

"I'd hate to break this family reunion and all that-" Dream started off, looking at the small group. He wasn't quite sure how this small group of about five people would help... though he wasn't in a place to judge either. "Do you mind introducing yourselves?"

"Right-" Grian smiled, and they all stood in a row, so very dignified. "Grian Soot, I will be working with the royal family on improving fortifications and overall building safety with Pearl over here-" he gestured to the girl beside him, her hair a mix of brunette with light highlights, most of it tucked in the dark blue hoodie.

"Pearlescent Moon, at your humble service-" she smiled a bit.

"She gets more talkative later!" Grian smiled wrapping his arm around Pearl who smiled slightly before gesturing to another male beside him. "And this is the one, the only- Scar Goodtime. He helps us with all the architecture, but he is good at analyzing the land and all that-" he grinned, the taller male nodding.

"Yes, that's me. Look- we don't really do weapons and whole new technology, but we are qualified to help-" Scar sheepishly chuckled, and Dream realized that while they all were most likely very qualified in their specialties and very talented people...

They are all socially awkward. Not that it's a bad thing, they are all successful people, much more successful than he was. Besides... social interaction is hard.

The taller male rolled his eyes and shook hands with Techno, who accepted gladly. "Thank you for the lovely introduction. Mumbo works just fine for me, I work with the technological side of things- new weapons, cannons, we will do just fine here." He seemed much more dignified and prestigious than the others, especially with his suit and tie. "It is a pleasure to meet all of you. I am sure we will get to know each other over the next few weeks... but we have a meeting scheduled with Hercules very soon. Come on everyone-" Mumbo spoke, directing the others inside. The way he carried himself compared to the others seemed so professional, perhaps too much.