Chapter 23: Never Again

"Oh, my goodness, Skeppy! Look at these scarves!" Bad's eyes glowed, looking at the scarves that lay in the shop. One that was black with a red stripe and then a one that was light blue with a white stripe going down.

Skeppy walked over, his face lit up. "What if... we got the scarves, but I wore the black one and you wear the blue one!" He smiled, looking at the other male for his opinion.

"We can match!" The brown-haired male smiled, lifting the fabric and handing the dark scarf to Skeppy. "This was such a good idea!" Heading to the front desk and paying for their merchandise. Were the scarves necessary? No, not one bit. One could argue that it was a waste, but it brought the duo joy, so there was no room to judge.

Walking out of the market and Skeppy looked around for what their next purchase would be. Returning his glance to Bad and watching as the other had wide eyes staring off into the distance. Looking in the direction but he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Just people shopping for food and other objects.

"Hey Bad? Are you okay?" He asked, watching at the male in his darker hoodie looked into his eyes. They looked worried, anxious, even terrified.

"Oh, I'm fine!" He spoke cheerfully. "Just a little cold." Skeppy nodded and held Bad's hand, which wasn't cold whatsoever. They were in his pockets. Bad was either getting sick of lying. He decided not to pry for now.

"Hey, I'm hungry. Want to get something to eat?" The shorter male smiled and pointed to a small café in the market. "They have nice bread, I like bread," he laughed a bit, watching Bad give a soft smile and nodding.

Walking down the rough path, avoiding any of the other people in the market until they made their way to the place. Bad insisted they sat in one of the booths so that's what they did. Sitting comfortably and dining in the warmth.

Time would go by soon enough and Skeppy had nearly forgotten what had happened earlier outside. They had finished their food and were about to leave but his eye was caught on a certain group of people. A somewhat old couple, either in their late 40s or early 50s. They were staring at them, and he could faintly hear their conversation.

"Is that Halo?" The woman spoke, a puzzled look on her face. Skeppy watched as they continued to whisper, and he couldn't help but think that their Halo was his Bad.

"Bad?" he whispered, watching as Bad lifted his head up. "I think they're talking about you," he spoke up and looked at them once more. Turning his head back and seeing how Bad's eyes widened once more, looking down and seeing his hands trembling.

"M-maybe they are talking about someone else," he stuttered out, looking down and seeing Skeppy's hand on top of his.

"You're shaking."

"Just a little nervous," he smiled a bit, calming slightly. His face was solemn and serious, yet delicate and fragile. Skeppy was his best friend and probably the only person who would be able to notice small details like that. Bad trusted him enough to tell him what happened in the Crystal Caverns, and what happened with his real parents.

"Skeppy? Remember what I told you about... you know," his voice trailed off, but Skeppy nodded in understanding. Connecting the dots together and realizing the situation, looking at Badboyhalo.

"Holy- are those your-"

"Yeah-"

He looked at the couple, his eyes widening when they started to walk over. 'What do we do, oh god, what are we going to do,' he thought to himself, glancing at Bad for any plan. 'This will be fine, Bad always has a plan,' he thought to himself watching as the people walked up.