Chapter 48: Deja Vu

The wagon was going at its steady pace until the portal that Dream saw haphazardly on the side of the mountain could be seen with nothing but the naked eye. Stopping nearby where the portal stood, Techno calmed the horses as each of the guards held their packs and one by one, they all started heading through the portal.

Looking up at the sky and seeing how the once bright blue portrait turned into a dull gray. Techno simply sighed and went to move for his coat, until he realized that Tommy still had it wrapped around himself. Shaking his head and looking at the group. "Alright, men. Sky doesn't look too pretty but luckily, we'll be underground from this point forward," he spoke firmly, and Dream could swear that Techno was built more for the role of a sergeant rather than second in line for the throne. "I don't want anybody wasting time. We go in, grab the crystals, and get out. There's no imagining if any traps were set since Dream last came. Speaking of which, I want Dream in front." Techno gestured his hand to Dream who looked at the other. "We're going through a portal that you created. You remember how to get to the other portal, right?"

Dream simply nodded and held the axe he had brought along with him close to his chest. Bad had said they managed to get all their armory out of the house, but the guards had to keep them for the sake of preventing any infighting. The axe that Dream held was much stronger than his own, a glint of purple without a single scratch or sign of being used. While not his axe, it would have to do. "Yeah- clear as day," he responded.

Techno smirked and laid a hand on Dream's shoulder. "If you need a breather from the memories, let me know. I have ties with people who make great distractions," he whispered before turning towards the rest of the group. "Alright, let's move out-"

The certain contempt with summer coolness was immediately replaced by the boiling temperatures of the Nether. Feeling the change beneath his shoes, the once cool grass being replaced by the soft netherrack of the biome. Sweltering heat with the air waving in the vision like the air during the kingdom's rare occurrences of heat waves.

"Well, mate?" Philza spoke up as the rest of the group went through the portal, landing in the distant dimension. "Which way is it?"

"I-" his brain froze up while he tried to recall the directions they took. Yet when he tried to think, he swears he could see shadows of Herobrine haunting him. Seeing George's blood dripped on the ground, his breath- no, he couldn't breathe! The world collapsing on itself as laughter rang through his ears, yet he could not panic. Everyone would think he was crazy if he panicked!

Words of the past ringing through his mind, yet there was a certain hope. His façade mustn't falter, especially on a mission such as this. Everyone here relied on his ability to show the way and it was a responsibility he could not take lightly.

Nadia would be ashamed if he simply gave up.

With all the strength he could muster, he took two breaths and pointed straight ahead of him. "Th-that way," he stuttered out, watching as the guards started running that way, yet Wilbur giving a small wink beside him.

"Nice save, Dreamy boy," he smirked and started running with the rest of the group. Dream wanted to follow the others, but he felt frozen in place. His feet stuck to the ground, and it would take a few moments for Dream to compose himself.

'Deep breaths, Dream. Just a few deep breaths.'

First, he lifted one foot up. Then, the other foot followed suit. The process would repeat and soon enough, it resembled some sort of walking. Dream started walking but he noticed there was a single person left behind him. Turning his head and seeing Tommy, who still had Techno's cloak wrapped around himself. "You heard the man," Dream smiled a bit and extended his hand out. "We can't waste any more time."