Chapter 31: Different

I'm instantly hit with the heat from sweaty bodies as I walk through the front door. There's people everywhere as usual. Everyone's all dressed up and they seem to be having a good time. I walk through to the kitchen to get a drink and so far, no sign of Jaxon or the others. Lucky for me, that means I can watch them walk through the door and control when Jaxon sees me. The kitchen and living room is open plan meaning I can see the front door from the kitchen. Perfect.

I look around to see if I can find anyone I know but all I see if a bunch of guys looking me up and down. None of them have the balls to come up to me though, I'm pretty sure they all know that I have something going on with Jaxon. Considering he dragged me out of the first party I came to here. They've also seen me hanging about with the girls.

I'm cut out of my thoughts when someone touches my shoulder, "Does Jaxon know you're here?" I turn around to find Theo smirking at me. "I don't know" I say smirking back at him. He just shakes his head laughing.

"You've got a death wish so you do." We both laugh, "Just do me a favour and make sure he doesn't kill any of these guys, I'm not sure how I'd explain that one to my parents." I just laugh again, "I can't promise you that, I'm afraid Theo." He shakes his head and goes to speak again but is cut off by a group of guys shouting his name and walking towards us. I don't recognise any of them they must be from another school.

They all greet each other doing the guy handshake hug thing, there's four of them. One of them turns to me looking me up and down, "Who's your friend Theo?" He smirks, Theo goes to reply but I cut him off sticking my hand out, "Alejandra Barlow, Nice to meet you." The guy laughs placing his hand in mine "Elijah Williams." I raise an eyebrow at him, "Williams? Are you related to Aspen Williams by any chance?" His face scrunches up, "She's my little cousin, how do you know Penny?" I go to answer but Theo speaks before I can.

"She's Macaluso's girl" The three other boys suddenly look uncomfortable but Elijah just smiles and walks forward pulling me into a hug, "Shit why didn't you just say that? Where is that grumpy arsehole anyways?" He laughs. Either him and Jaxon are good friends or this guy also has a death wish to be calling Jaxon an arsehole.

I just shrug, "I don't know I thought he would be here by now". He looks confused, "I wouldn't of though Jax would leave you alone dressed like that at a party like this." I just smirk at him mischievously, "Well he doesn't exactly know." Elijah stares at me for a second through narrowed eyes before bursting out laughing, "Oh my god you're perfect for him." I just laugh along with him. I talk with Elijah for a little laughing away, I can see us being good friends, before we're interrupted.

"I think your boys just arrived" Theo announces to us. Shit. Show time.

The boys are all standing in front of me so I can't actually see him. Although it's just my luck that He walks straight up to the boys, though he still can't see me behind them.

Theo is the first to speak to him, "Hey bro, glad you could make it." They do the hand shake thing again as I sink back into the kitchen worktop. Eli and the other boys do the same with Asher and Damon, still none of them have seen me yet since it's so dark.

"Listen boys I'll catch up with you later I've got someone I need to find." Jaxon says his tone slightly angry. He then goes to walk away but Elijah calls his name. Fuck.

"Jaxon! I think we've got who you're looking for." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. Then the boys simultaneously parted, leaving Jaxon with the perfect view of me. Right deep breath, remember why you're doing this.

I look up and meet his eyes, biting my lip and smirking. His eyes fill with fury as he does a once over. I hear Asher choking and Damon laughing, "Good luck bro."