Chapter 11: Hot and Bothered

Driving into school on Monday morning was not enjoyable. I was not ready to see Jaxon.

Just as he said, a burner phone turned up at my door at 9am yesterday morning. Successfully waking me up and ruining my mood for the rest of the day.

I haven't had any more contact with Harris since he dropped me home on Saturday. I tried to make conversation with him in the car but he must have taken Jaxon's threat very seriously as he ignored me the whole time. Not even returning my goodbye when I left the car. That was just borderline rude.

I'm going to need to talk to Jaxon about that ridiculous reaction he had, if I was going to have a bodyguard, he'd need to be brave enough to actually talk to me, otherwise it would just be pointless.

Speaking of Harris, I noticed his SUV, pulling away from the street outside the school as Jaxon entered through the gates in a bmw. Checking my phone, it looks like we still have ten minutes before the first bell. May as well get this over with.

Getting out of my car and walking towards the front of the car park where Jaxon and the others usually park, I hold my head high, walking with confidence. My boot heels adding on to my already 5'8 height made me almost as tall as Jaxon. Almost.

The group all stood in a circle, the only one looking ready for the day being Asher. Oh how I wish I had his enthusiasm, my life would be so much brighter. As I got closer Winter and Aspen walked off. Being the only two in the group that actually cared about school, I assume they're heading to their lockers for books.
The rest of the group snapped their heads in my direction as they heard my heels approaching. I received a wide smile and a 'morning' from Nova and Asher, whilst the three other boys stared blankly at me.

Returning the 'morning' I walked straight up to Jaxon so that I was standing right in front of him. "We need to talk", Straight to the point always works best.

We had a mini stare off before he grabbed my arm and pulled me round the side of the building. That shit burned, but I kept my face blank not wanting to give him the satisfaction. As soon as we stopped I ripped my arm away from him.

"That was unnecessary" He didn't even looked bothered by the situation.

"Talk", Rude.

"What you said the other day was out of order. You didn't need to threaten the poor guy. He won't even talk to me now!"

"Good" He spat out at me. What the fuck?

"What you mean 'good'? He's supposed to be my bodyguard Jaxon, you said yourself that I would need to interact with him. That clearly can't happen if he'll barely even look at me." He was frustrating me now.

"I said that you need to tell him where you're going Alejandra, not that you need to have heartfelt conversations with him. He can do his job perfectly without that." He growled out, getting angry as well.

"Are you serious right now, the bodyguard that YOU assigned me can't even do his job properly because you're what jealous? Are you scared that I might like him huh?" I taunted, he just scoffed at that, but I could tell it bothered him, so I decided to keep going.

"Or maybe he likes me. You know I've been quite lonely lately; I think I might need a fuckbuddy, and he seems perf-" Before I could finish the sentence, I was pushed back against the wall, with Jaxon's hands at either side of my head. His breathing heavy and his face red with anger. Shit. Maybe I went too far. But the again he shouldn't care about that side of my life. We weren't together.

"You won't be fucking anyone Alejandra. As long as you're in America, you're my property. My responsibility. I won't have you sleeping around and risk an enemy creeping their way into your head and getting information out of you. Or better yet, knocking you up and having your hormonal ass running back to daddy, spilling all your secrets." He spat out distastefully. I almost laughed at that.